Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello and Thank you from California

My expedited shipment for my Silver series laser went into and out of customs in 36 hours. Looks like I'll get it tomorrow! I definitely recommend expedited shipping.

I used regular, which seems expensive compared to other things I've bought from china. I think it was add around $20 for fast, but that's on top of the $17 I think regular is, so that's way too much for fast shipping. DHL could get it here in 4 days or less for $16 or less.

BobMc

My expedited shipment for my Silver series laser went into and out of customs in 36 hours. Looks like I'll get it tomorrow! I definitely recommend expedited shipping.

I agree, all my high dollar orders from Sanwu I get expedited. 36 hrs through customs, someone's looking fondly down on you, that's really good. Did yours tracking number jump from HK to USPS with the same number? All mine have?

BobMc

I used regular, which seems expensive compared to other things I've bought from china. I think it was add around $20 for fast, but that's on top of the $17 I think regular is, so that's way too much for fast shipping. DHL could get it here in 4 days or less for $16 or less.

Think that maybe the difference. I only use expedited shipping on my laser orders. The tracking numbers jumped from HK to USPS when the package comes state side. Can't speak about regular shipping, no hands on experience. But best wishes with your order and let us know thoughts when you receive your lasers . As always, beam shots ( hint hint ) :)

Last edited:
My tracking number from Sanwu never showed up except for on HK post website where it only ever said that the package left. Usually I get better tracking. I didn't see the number on my package, so maybe they couldn't track it. I got it either way.

I'm glad it still made home! I wasn't too nervous considering all the good reviews and happy customers along with how recent some of these review were. But considering I'm in California, I wouldn't be surprised if our regulations were extra strict. Like it is for ahem* "firearms" but that a different topic for another forum :whistle:

Sounds like you will need 3 Sanwu beam expanders don't forget the adapters. Hopefully you ordered your lasers with G7 lenses.

You know I was really unsure what the actual benefit was even reading the description on the site page. I was unsure what the better choice was but so my first order I the 3-element, 1W 520nm. I was considering emailing Podo today to ask if I can order the extra G7 lens and have him put it with the laser before shipping it out. For my other three orders I decided on G7 for all of them for the efficiency and tighter beam since I made sure to get the expander for all the lasers :D Someone posted and sold me with the distance..
I may order a G2 set later for the laser just to see the difference but either way ill make sure to post some pictures/reviews.
:thinking: I also need to find out what size lens the Spiker and Saber require.

When I've ordered from Sanwu they give tracking numbers. When I've ordered lasers I always get expedited shipping. It seems to get in and out of customs in about 2-4 days ( not counting weekends ) yes the tracking number will update and show you aprox where/when it's at. Never had a problem with customs. So best wishes. Beam shots? ( hint hint). :D

I didn't get the expedited shipping since I was spending so much already but I'll highly consider it in the future! And of course ill get some beam shots and try to post the ASAP. Gonna have to order a few set to high quality batteries and Eagle Pair tonight to make sure I'm prepared :yh:

Think that maybe the difference. I only use expedited shipping on my laser orders. The tracking numbers jumped from HK to USPS when the package comes state side. Can't speak about regular shipping, no hands on experience. But best wishes with your order and let us know thoughts when you receive your lasers . As always, beam shots ( hint hint ) :)

Hey BobMc, I think next time ill get the expedited shipping for a tracking number. I'm just wondering what was the total time you waited from order to arrival? I had a pretty big order and didn't get the expedited so I know mine will take longer just curious since you're also in CA.

BobMc

Hey BobMc, I think next time ill get the expedited shipping for a tracking number. I'm just wondering what was the total time you waited from order to arrival? I had a pretty big order and didn't get the expedited so I know mine will take longer just curious since you're also in CA.

I've had a couple of rather large orders from Sanwu. Each has arrived within 5-7 days of shipping. That does not count the time when I put my order in. That seems to have take 5 days ish. Can't quite give you an exact number because I ask them to hold my order and shipping on a certain date. Which they've always done like clock work. Hope this answers your question. :)

I've had a couple of rather large orders from Sanwu. Each has arrived within 5-7 days of shipping. That does not count the time when I put my order in. That seems to have take 5 days ish. Can't quite give you an exact number because I ask them to hold my order and shipping on a certain date. Which they've always done like clock work. Hope this answers your question. :)

Thank you, It does! I was expecting 2-3 weeks from order. It's only been 1 so far but I'm just excited like a kid waiting to open his Christmas presents. Thanks again.

BobMc

Thank you, It does! I was expecting 2-3 weeks from order. It's only been 1 so far but I'm just excited like a kid waiting to open his Christmas presents. Thanks again.

Your welcome, and don't worry about customs, never had a problem with them. It's just a matter of waiting, and that's the tough part! Enjoy. :)

Ps, give them a couple of weeks on standard shipping.( I know it's rough. )

Last edited: