Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All.

Hi all. Mike from South Carolina here. I've always been interested in laser technology, but never really took an interest in it as a hobby until a few days ago.
I'm a trained Biomed Technician who's had a class on laser repair last year. So I do have a few of the basics down.
I was seriously considering a 301 green until I read what I could on this forum, so thanks so much for keeping me from a mistake.
I've decided I'll more than likely build my own now, buying a pre-made host from someone on this forum in the buy, sell, trade area. (don't worry, plenty of soldering experience). Glad there's a place like this that trades ideas and information freely. Great forum!

Great to meet you Mike!
Welcome to the forum, if you do build your own laser make sure to post some updates and how everything goes here!

Search DTRs laser shop for modules and lenses with diodes and drivers already set to desired current. They drop right into the 501b hosts MrCrouse makes. Just to help you get started. And welcome !

You can also buy some nice parts from SurvivalLasers.com. Its a US site so you won't be able to order a pre-built laser to your location but there are plenty of other laser components you can buy to help with your projects. And welcome to the forum!

A late welcome to you Mike. Hope you enjoy your time here at LPF. There is much you can learn here. I was also wondering about your user name "Mikethebomber" Whilst this could mean several things in this day and age most people think of just one. Maybe you could consider a change as it may help you avoid any unwanted scrutiny from the authorities and/or any bad rep to the forum. Even with your job description it could ring alarm bells for some Govt Agencies. You might need to contact Avery at Admin to do this.
All the best with your new hobby.

That's pathetic. If your username isn't offensive to members here KEEP IT. Do not change it just cuz it has the word bomb in it that is ridiculous s much as I agree with the previous post in have my own opinions and I don't think you should have to change a thing. It may save yiu trouble but If you get troubled over ur UN that's retarded.

A late welcome to you Mike. Hope you enjoy your time here at LPF. There is much you can learn here. I was also wondering about your user name "Mikethebomber" Whilst this could mean several things in this day and age most people think of just one. Maybe you could consider a change as it may help you avoid any unwanted scrutiny from the authorities and/or any bad rep to the forum. Even with your job description it could ring alarm bells for some Govt Agencies. You might need to contact Avery at Admin to do this.
All the best with your new hobby.

Hey, and thanks for the input, Busman2. I don't think it will be much of an issue, being as how that is part of my email address, and my email provider, I'm sure, would have approached me with changing, since it's for the world to see on a broader scale than on a forum.
If it comes down to a message from the FDA or ATF or FBI, I will calmly explain my background and be sure to allow for any info that would be requested of me.
Keep in mind also, that there is a very popular video game site called GiantBomb.com. I'm thinking if they didn't get a call, I wouldn't get one for a username on a forum.
Thanks again.

Your username matters next to nothing, if its non offensive there is no issue. "Bomb" can describe something cool or good, a device that explodes, even some drugs as well. Your name could mean your a rapper dropping bomb rhymes for all we know lol