Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All.

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello, and say why I am here.

Really quite new to Lasers, can tell you how laser light is produced at the atomic leave as electrons jump between energy states, but I have to say my knowledge really is from the science side and not at all engineering.

My wife got me one of these a while back Laser Star Projector and its a great (if simple) laser display which has now been taken by my two year old as her night light :) . I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi computer board which I have been using to generate random star field grids. Basically I am computing a list of X,Y points and there brightness.

So the next part of the project is to translate this in to a laser display. All i know is that this will require some Galvo's and a DAC/amp to drive them.

I am not sure if I should purchase a DAC, or attempt to build on my self, and the same with the scanner. I no i need to read up a lot on this, but I am hoping to get some pointers from this forum as well.

IF I can get a scanner working and projecting my current images, I will be moving on to be creating real star maps rendered in real time by the Raspberry Pi, along with other generated star fields. I know many people have done this kind of thing before, but I just want a little project to play with.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Aaron

Last edited:

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Welcome to the forum. You'll find scanner info here as several members have built their own and posted threads about the process. Sounds like an interesting project that you have going.