Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All!!

Just a quick bit about myself. My name is Carl Taylor. Living in New York right now working in the entertainment line of work(theater, rock(and/or)roll, film and Television.
I'v always loved lasers but in my younger years could not afford the hobby. Now that I'm old and broken I have more time and money on my hands, hence finding this wonderful forum!
I'v spent the last couple of weeks reading through the forums and trying to get to know, at least, the simple principles of lasers. Through the vast help of the true enthusiast here I was able to construct my first simple laser setup.(pics below). May not look like much but for my first time soldering, i think it came out pretty good, and it actually works!:)
Welp nice to meet everyone here....thanks for all the help so far and hope to have some good, clean, safe, fun here!

Some pics of my first build:
IMG_0395.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0399.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0398.jpg

Build with:
1X PHR-803T blu-ray laser diode in focusing module
1X Adjustable laser diode driver circuit(assembled)Red or Blu-ray
(Both from Modwerx.com)

Well there you go, you seem to be all set! Congrats on that nice, clean build!
Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your future experiments!
- Robert

3zuli

that's pretty clean for a 1st build! what current are you using?
but without heatsink remember to keep short duty cycle for longer diode life
you should also use 10440 or 14500 lithium batteries instead of 9V one, they last MUCH longer than the 9V
also it's useful to mount the aixiz module so that the focusing ring is sticking out the build. it makes focusing much easier :)

Last edited:
Thank for the reply. I have since moved the module out of the housing a bit and ill get myself setup with some better power supplies when the bling starts flowing again. I am pretty new to the whole electronics soldering and think i may have cooked my driver trying to repair the soldering points...have to order a new one. After I get it up and running again ill put up some pics with my new Ghetto Breadboard I made!

welcome to the forum!

as its been said above, you need a heatsink to run that thing longer that 30 seconds, sharp looking build!

stuart :)

WELCOME-:wave:-Way better looking first builds than mine were. :shhh:enjoy -----glad to have you here.--:)--hak

Thank you all!....Sry i havent much to say yet, when i get really working I'm sure ill have some questions here and there, but really, through the 'search' area I have had all my questions answered so far, some post going back to 2007! Very exciting to find such enthusiast to spark my imagination.
So far that is leading me to a very cheap lab table setup(burning stuff is fun and all), but my interest move more to color mixing and other more or less "controlled" situations. I am building up a supplier list, trying to keep the cost down and also itching to get my hands on a laser bee II......all in time
Any info is always helpful in set and once again thanks for the intro into the forums!
Carl