Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All.....new here.

Hi, just joined this forum, wanted to introduce myself, and say hi. I'm 41 y/o I live in Tucson AZ.
I'm a NOOB when it comes to lasers, just purchased my first real laser, besides the dollar store cat toy ones. I bought the New Style red laser 200mW /adjustable from O-Like. waiting for it to arrive. I also bought 2 cheap $5.00 5mw green from ebay, 1 to play around with (try the pot mod thing) and the other in case I break the first one. I don't plan on it going well, that why i bought two lol.

udanis

Hey welcome there is a lot of good information on here, search first if your looking for something :D

O-like...very nice first choice.

Don't expect too much out of doing a pot mod except killing your laser. (They generally don't work too well after)

Don't forget to read the rules and I think that's it lol

Welcome!!!

That's why I bought two I plan on killing one of them, just have to see for myself, What the hell tho, it's only 5 bucks it will keep me busy for short while.
REALLY bored right now......unemployed.

udanis

That's why I bought two I plan on killing one of them, just have to see for myself, What the hell tho, it's only 5 bucks it will keep me busy for short while.
REALLY bored right now......unemployed.

Do you remember what seller you bought the from? I have bough a good number of purple and green ones from seller "itemquickship" and "wlaser"

It was cecompass, actually $8.49/ea. I know they are cheapo, but something to play with. After I get my red 200mw from O-like, I may order the 1w Blue one from them, that looks bad as hell, or I saw someone on here selling them for i think $180, forget the name, but when i'm ready i will check into it. Also I posted a profile pic, it's not showing up......huh

udanis

It was cecompass, actually $8.49/ea. I know they are cheapo, but something to play with. After I get my red 200mw from O-like, I may order the 1w Blue one from them, that looks bad as hell, or I saw someone on here selling them for i think $180, forget the name, but when i'm ready i will check into it.

1w @ 445nm is pretty awesome I will say. Just keep this in mind too, it is recommend to get lasers when you are dealing with lasers that are that powerful. Even your 200mW red can easily blind you, you probably should look into getting a set of googles to protect your eyes

I'm a welder by trade, I already have eye protection, but i may get some glasses they are a little more stylish than the eye protection i have here. Thanx for the warning tho.