Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, all . . . finally.

M

mr.lazo

I know I'm kinda goin' about this bass-ackwards, but I figure I'd take the time to say hi to everyone (after I've been here for a few weeks already) :-[

Anyhoo, Lazo is my real name, not some ham-handed attempt at a cool laser moniker, and I just kinda stumbled across this kick-ass forum while doing some online research on why the blu-ray diode I was trying to slap into an old pointer I had wasn't working. Yes, I can be very . . . special . . . sometimes/often.

I have a bit of an obsessive personality, so when something catches my attention I immediately jump into it feet first. As a result, I have a home that looks like a cross between a library, museum and toy shop.

So, thank you all for the tremendous help and advice you've given me so far! This is a truly great place, and I look forward to spending time picking everyones brains and enjoying the amazing things you folks manage to put together.

Hello Lazlo. *Are you the man living in our closet? LOL JK... sorry for the obscure 80s movie reference. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089886/

Anyway... *here is my generic welcome speal: ;)

welcome to LPF. This is a great place to learn about *DIY lasers. *There is a wealth of information to be found here if you are willing to look for it.

* * *If you really get stuck and can not find what you need, someone will usually point you in the right direction... but do youself a favor and be sure to do your homework first.

Good luck and have fun! *
TW

Last edited:
M

mr.lazo

Thanks, Droog.

And, I must admit, Real Genius is part of my video library (and Everybody Wants to Rule the World is a commonly played song on my MP3 player).

It's just really refreshing to find a community of people who are so very technically knowledgeable, yet welcoming to an ignoramus like myself. ::)

Cheers, all!

Whacha mean finally, have you been a lurker for a while, & now decided to take the plunge into our Family of Fanatics ?

shadowvale

Administrator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi mr.lazo

odd its showing u as a guest user

were u able to post without creating account?

Without the toys, his house almost sounds like my room. :p Mine is more of a library/workshop.

hi mr.lazo

odd its showing u as a guest user

were u able to post without creating account?

Near as I can tell, it was an issue with the change-over.

But I'm not gonna stress about being reconnected with all of my old posts -- there weren't that many, anyway.