Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello,a few questions.

Lol you could darken a room with a black laser. Great for robbing banks. White laser.. Useless :p

A bit expensive. LHC are charging about $500USD for just a small black hole, I know in time it will grow, but, I just can't justify the price. No way.

Switch

What do you guys mean blue , violet and purple? Purple is the color you get by mixing red and blue. It isn't a spectral color (it cannot be found in the rainbow and it doesn't have its own wavelength).So purple isn't monochromatic.

Blu-rays are violet, blue DPSS is blue (doh) and in between violet and blue you have indigo.A purple laser would be more like a laser with a red and a blue line.

Switch

The 405nm is violet, and it is so described on the CNI site.
The 445nm would be more of an indigo(which CNI calls "violet-blue")...
You can't have a purple monochromatic laser with a single purple line because purple is composed out of 2 colors: red and blue, like I said before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple

red + purple = red + red + blue....
magenta typically refers to red + blue in equal proportions and could be considered a particular shade of purple.

See, there's more wavelengths available than you think, you also have turquoise, and deep blue.

And you can find all of them in the rainbow.Purple doesn't have it's own wavelength, neither does pink or brown(which you can't find in the rainbow ,so there...you can't find ANY color in the rainbow)....They're obtained through combinations and in contrast with other colors and brightness levels in the background.

I know purple and violet seem very similar to the eye, but by definition they are not the same.For instance purple doesn't attract bugs like a blacklight does. Purple light doesn't have that annoying effect(when your eyes can't focus on it from a distance) that the very short wavelength of a bluray has because it's made up of 2 longer and easily focusable wavelengths.

Last edited: