Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello,a few questions.

Hi im new here and my name is Devon.I currently know nothing about lasersXD
But im willing to learn and was wondering,where can i get a cheap laser?
I cant find any at my dollar store and i find ones at other stores over 20 bucks (just not really worth it in my mind)

Or well,for the dollarstore thing,where am i even supposed to look?Xp
In more simpler terms,im looking for a cheap,laser pen.
Where can i buy them?
Thank you all,bye!

Eku

Depends.

What colour do you want?
What power do you want?
What batteries do you want it to use?

Tell us those and we can help.

karbon

i agree with the posts above really, try a 5mw and you will be amazed, they are so powerful compared with the crap you get from dollar stores. also i bet you cant find a greenie in a dollar store ;)

in my opinion go for www.dealextreme.com :)

just for your information lasers totally range in price which is down to colour (wavelength) and power, people pay hundreds of dollars for the higher powered lasers which are capable of burning dark objects etc.

Welcome to the forum, use the search button and become familiar with the basics. Hope you enjoy sharing your laser interest with us!

Last edited:
You can really get a lot of lasers for your budget.
But when you want to start going 10mW, 20mW, 50mW, 200mW, 500mW, you are going to need some coin. Red is best for burning as it is not as bright so you can actually see what you are burning. Green is best for beams in the sky etc, great beams and goes super far (again, 50mW green is prolly an average green, I give them away free with my 200mW sales on my local trade site)

Then you can get expensive ones like yellow lasers, and even blue lasers, they are often referred to as blu-ray lasers as the parts come out of blu-ray reader/writers I believe, unsure though :)

Read through the forums and read the wiki on lasers to get ya started :)

karbon

Then you can get expensive ones like yellow lasers, and even blue lasers, they are often referred to as blu-ray lasers as the parts come out of blu-ray reader/writers I believe, unsure though :)

blue lasers are not bluray...bluray lasers are actually emit violet light. Its all down to the wavelength, bluray emitts 405nm whereas blue is 473nm. You can also get purple lasers too...

Aha always learning something new. I'm not an expert on blu-ray lasers. I'll be stocking them soon so will have to start learning about them.
I just refer to blu-ray as blue, as easier, but won't from now on.

karbon

Aha always learning something new. I'm not an expert on blu-ray lasers. I'll be stocking them soon so will have to start learning about them.
I just refer to blu-ray as blue, as easier, but won't from now on.

lol sorry dude didnt mean to be harsh. check out the forum, i got confused too, there are 3 different lasers, blue, violet and purple. i think they are just trying to make it hard haha

Mate don't worry you weren't harsh. Yeah, stupid bastards, why they make it so confusing :p We should have black and white vision.. Black lasers and white lasers.. Easy as easy things.

karbon

Mate don't worry you weren't harsh. Yeah, stupid bastards, why they make it so confusing :p We should have black and white vision.. Black lasers and white lasers.. Easy as easy things.

LOL i hear you. i think there is a white laser...all seven colours mixed together makes white lol..