Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heatsink Fitting (A Cause for Concern?)

This is an MXDL aluminum heatsink. As you can see, I cannot fit the head of the Aixiz module in all the way. At this point, the head is basically "jammed in", with no more room for insertion. Should I be concerned about this? Will significantly impact the efficiency of the heatsinking?

Attachments

• Heatsink_001.jpg
    Heatsink_001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 61

daguin

REVENGE said:
This is an MXDL aluminum heatsink.  As you can see, I cannot fit the head of the Aixiz module in all the way.  At this point, the head is basically "jammed in", with no more room for insertion.  Should I be concerned about this? Will significantly impact the efficiency of the heatsinking?

Sometimes the "head" of the module is a bit larger than the back of the module. Sometimes the spot where the set screw hole breaks into the center will "bulge" out a bit. Also, not all modules are the same diameter. These are NOT held to machinist tolerances.

Hammer the module out and sand out the hole very slightly. I would pay particular attention to where the set screw comes out.

Peace,
dave

I have measured dozens of the Aixiz modules, the vast majority of them taper out in diameter from both ends to the join, before you file the hole out try turning the module round to see if the very front end will fit.

If it does fit, take a file to the module where it screws together.
If it doesn't fit do what Dave said.

Regards rog8811