Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heater and black paint for Peltier cell based power meter

Giannis_TDM

I would think that if you are going to calibrate your LPM this way, you need only use the resistor temporarily. LPMs are usually calibrated using a single wavelength laser and that wavelength depends on what you intend on measuring with it. Many are calibrated using an IR laser, but it really depends on what you are going to measure.
No they are not, proper LPMs (past the prehistoric units of the 90s) get calibrated like this: First the monitor(where your numbers are displayed) is electrically calibrated cause it is essentially a micro/nanovolt meter on the low ranges then the head gets calibrated with a NIST traceable source for the power measurement at the source's wavelength(Usually 1064nm), After that the head is run through a spectrophotometer to characterize the spectral response of the coating in that specific sensor cause even the response of the coating can vary between heads of the same model. Using the spectral responce chart you have now obtained you can create per WL correction factors for every WL your spectrophotometer is able to produce/measure.

Darktron

I have done a bit of testing with 40x40mm peltier + 40X40MM heatsink and flat black primer seems to work the best imo I don't own a professional meter but I do have known power lasers tested with more accurate lpmreceived_1293793941366191.jpegreceived_827124301812317.jpeg20221018_175008.jpg20221018_173015 (1).jpg

constantvip

Hi Everyone,
I designed and cusmized TEG based laser power sensor with high damaged threshold absorber. I just got them last night.

I have two types, one is just one output, anther is a four quadrants design, which can provide beam position information. Please let me know if you have interesting in that, I can provide samples.mmexport1667054809150.jpgmmexport1667054805915.jpg

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,
I designed and cusmized TEG based laser power sensor with high damaged threshold absorber. I just got them last night.

I have two types, one is just one output, anther is a four quadrants design, which can provide beam position information. Please let me know if you have interesting in that, I can provide samples.View attachment 75092View attachment 75093
Remember that you cannot sell until 20 posts