Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heat shrink tubing

I almost feel stupid for asking this but here goes. What size heat shrink tubing do you guys recommend? I ordered some the other day and didn't think about what size it'd shrink down to. When fully shrunk it still slides along the 22awg wire I was using. I'm going to place an order with DX in the next day or so and wondered what size I should get. I'm thiking the 3.5mm diameter should probably be about right or am I way off? I can't find my metric ruler so I can't measure the wire which is why I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Just get the variety pack that DX offers. I've had a use for multiple sizes from it (for example using the larger diameter tubing to bundle wires together) and they give you enough of each for most intents and purposes. Once you use it up you'll know the size you need more of anyway.

I like Fry's and now I am going order that kit. $9 for that kit is not a bad price!