Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Have to change my user name here.

Hey LPF,
Due to a website I donate time and money to that was recently hacked and personal information was breached I need to change my name in LPF. I was told to make an announcement first to inform the community. My new user name will be olympus mons, as in the largest mountain in our solar system.
Sorry for any confusion this may cause.
Cheers
Nwfreefly signing off.

Last edited:

Ok Olympus Mons it is, Thats cool thanks for the heads up Pal. Best of luck ...

Rich:)

Made the correction thanks Alan :)

Last edited:

gozert

That's too bad. I liked nwfreefly. Oh well, doesn't seem you can avoid it.

Hey LPF,
Due to a website I donate time and money to that was recently hacked and personal information was breached I need to change my name in LPF. I was told to make an announcement first to inform the community. My new user name will be olympus mon, as in the largest mountain in our solar system.
Sorry for any confusion this may cause.
Cheers
Nwfreefly signing off.

Not that it matters much but the correct spelling of the name of that mountain is "Olympus Mons" not Olympus Mon.

Alan

Not that it matters much but the correct spelling of the name of that mountain is "Olympus Mons" not Olympus Mon.

Alan
Thanks Alan I forgot the S. Hopefully Cold shadow sees this I edited my Op.

@gozert, I really liked nwfreefly as well but without giving up too much info that's a user name on an act for financial stuff which can't be changed. Also Olympus mons is my original user name for a couple other forums so I'm pretty identified with it. Sorry guys I know it's weird when users change their names but it's just has to be sadly due to cyber criminals.
Hope it grows on you buddy.

gozert

It will, for sure. I've gotten used to the name changing as soon as Alex (Lehap) went to change his lol. He changed it like 3 or 4 times before he settled with his current name.

Yes more than 4 times, LeHap changed his name probably 6 or 7 times, he is also not the only one who has ever changed their name, so no big deal. nwfreefly/Olympus Mons it's nice to see another member in my time zone online at 3 in the morning, LeHap is another one sometimes on at this time, maybe we agree on more than just one thing. We have boring lives I guess.

Alan

Yes more than 4 times, LeHap changed his name probably 6 or 7 times, he is also not the only one who has ever changed their name, so no big deal. nwfreefly/Olympus Mons it's nice to see another member in my time zone online at 3 in the morning, LeHap is another one sometimes on at this time, maybe we agree on more than just one thing. We have boring lives I guess.

Alan

Lol, not so much boring just a night owl. I love the wee hours it's when I do do most of my designs for work and I am lucky enough to not have to be to the studio till noon. Sometimes I'm up till sunrise but those days I drag ass and pay for it. Once I start thinking about my builds and lasers I wish to own I can't fall asleep. I think I'm pretty lucky to have a hobby that excites me this much. Halloween is my 1 year anniversary to laser hobby. I played with my ,title 50mW 532 all night in the fog and was up till sunrise the next few days reading everything I could about lasers. I was hooked. It's hard to believe the collection I have now in just 11 months.