Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

has anyone used these?

well the thought was that if i had a green laser that is already set up the can i just replace the diode and it will work. my thought is no cause nothing can be that easy ;D

but the one thing i am doing for sure is a diy red burning and i know that is easily possible. by the dvd r and a aixis housing which i have. but the main thing is i want to try thing and learn. i am the trial and err type that like to play. but i like to ask many questions and see where it land me so thanks for the feed back.

This all sounds pretty simple BUT getting those crystals to lase takes hours of adjusting to get everything lined up JUST right to get any decent amount of power in Tem00 (one dot).

so then when you are all said and done how much do you get out of a 500mw ir diode? i mean does it take away from the original power of the ir diode?

Switch

You still have to align the diode with the crystal assembly just right, even if the crystals are glued together.And, I'm not sure, but it looks to me you are trying to make a green laser more powerful by changing the pump diode with a more powerful one.This might work, but maybe your crystals can't take the more powerful diode and will be either damaged or the whole thing will result in a weak green laser with lots of IR leaking because the crystals can't handle it.Usually , the thing that holds a green laser back is the crystal set , not the diode.So I assume that changing the diode(the strong link) won't do much good, you have to change the crystals(the weakest link) with better ones if you want more power out of the same laser. :p A laser is only as strong as it's weakest link :D

FS-SNIPE said:
This all sounds pretty simple BUT getting those crystals to lase takes hours of adjusting to get everything lined up JUST right to get any decent amount of power in Tem00 (one dot).

so then when you are all said and done how much do you get out of a 500mw ir diode? i mean does it take away from the original power of the ir diode?

I've heard in the range of about 20 - 25% of the pump diode power can be achieved

wow so then you only get about a quarter percent on the orniginal ir diodes power. kinda seem that you would just want to leave it be so you could get more out of your diode and set up. so does ir focus very well with glass lenses?

IR will focus with a glass lens just like any other wavelenght, but its hard as hell if you cant see it...
I'd say green is still more impressive.