Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone tried this laser

Alibaba has a handheld lasence yellow-green pointer for $90. I don't know enough about Alibaba to venture trusting them, as I've only ordered from them once, but I've seen the modules on here.

It appear they now have a handheld - video is also on the link. Looks very low power but definitely appears to be that pukey pea green yellow :)

and modules

Last edited:

julianthedragon

I expressed interest in the 561nm pointer on Alibaba a couple months back. I love the radioactive green color and the presentation functionality as well, it would definitely make a unique pointer.

They emailed me a while later (early July) and told me they were producing 30 new units by the end of the month so I politely asked for one. Fast forward to July 18th, the new units were ready so I sent shipping info and payment. They had me fill out some quick paperwork and sent the package through FedEx but it never made it past clearance in Shanghai, China. A few days passed and they sent an email that said the package was held up due to the built-in lithium battery inside the laser. They told me they were applying for a certificate to send it anyway, but unfortunately the certificate was denied soon after that. I asked if they could simply send it without the battery so I could install it myself but this wasn't an option. At this point I was given instructions to get my refund on Alibaba and thankfully they refunded all my money within 24h (said it could take up to a week). It was $150 total, $90 for the pointer and $60 shipping.

One thing I can say is they were super nice throughout the whole interaction. I was talking to Lara Sui who seems to be Lasence's sales rep/spokesperson, I've seen her name pop up a couple other times on here. She couldn't have been kinder and faster to respond to my emails and she told me they would start developing a version without the built in battery so they can ship it. I'm hoping they come through on that sooner rather than later because I'd still love to get my hands on a pre built pointer in this wavelength. TBH I had a gut feeling something about it was too good to be true and sure enough...lol

tl;dr they couldn't ship this pointer overseas (to the US) but said they were developing a new one that they can

bulukaki

There are a few members who got Lasence modules. I've got one myself and the purchasing experience had been good.

Do note that alibaba is a marketplace like eBay though -- there are both good sellers and bad sellers. I vouch that Lasence is good.

Oh, and did I mention that they are developing 589nm modules too? 😃 Lara Sui said it will take a couple more years to finish developing them, hopefully it will be cheaper than CNI's.

Edit: their modules do leak IR, maybe ask if their pointers have an IR filter.

Looks very low power but definitely appears to be that pukey pea green yellow :)
They are really bright for their power -- 5mW is more than enough to distract your presentation audience, and 20mW looks almost as bright as Sharp 488/492s.

PSX_20210809_140204.jpgPSX_20210809_140246.jpg

Last edited:

Sowee7

i own almost every wavelength of lasence and optlaser modules available, i can say, they are really nice modules, the 545s are a nice lime and i really like the 1w one thay have, the 551nm/555nm modules are really bright so they are good for things that you need a high brightness laser at a lower power (idk if they still produce them anymore), the 561nm small 2-9mw modules are really good tiny yellow-green dpss lasers measuring only 8mm in diameter they are really good for pointers and applications that need a small, bright and low powered yellow-green laser module. the bigger and more high powered 20mw 561nm module is less on 561 and more closer to 558-559, but they are still really good modules if you need a big and very bright yellow-green module. i feel like the 575s need some work done to them as they have extremely hygroscopic crystals and one mistake can damge the whole thing, also it needs a better driver, but it is good if you leave those things aside, i love the pure yellow and the high power (10-20mw) makes it better, now about the high power lasence lasers, if you have looked carefully on their alibaba page, you would see some very high power dpss lasers (most are 1-2w but some are up to 13w) the only high power lasence laser i own is the 1w 545nm dpss laser, its a really good laser (if you have the money to buy them as some are really expensive) it is very bright, but the laser light comes strait out of the crystal so it has a very high divergence and it is in tem01, these high powered ones are ir filtered unlike the other low power ones. i hope you liked my review on the lasence modules

I had seen the modules on here - on and off, but didn't realize they had a pointer, too bad about shipping.

Maybe when they sort out the battery issues it will be better. 589nm would be much more to my liking though!!!
Module or pointer in that price range and I'd be on it. :)