Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone recieved a sanwu LPM yet ?

I haven't, but I see it doesn't have data logging yet. It says that is coming soon. Is that "soon" like the RGB laser was coming soon?

Yea, I don't know, some may be waiting for that to be included, I do like the looks of the sensor.......I wonder how accurate it is ?

I believe Sanwu intentionally made the sensor look like other sensors from real LPM companies like Ophir and Coherence. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it is just a TEC inside the so called heat sink. If it were anything like a professional power meter, it would cost much more than the amount they are asking for it now. As far as the accuracy goes, one might be able to deduce that from seeing what is inside the sensor, or by testing side by side with recently calibrated professional meters.

Yep, that's what I want to know before I buy one, just how accurate is it ect.... They did mention that inputting the wavelength would improve the accuracy, is that based on the efficiency of the sensors coating ?

It is difficult to say what they mean by that. It would likely be in the programming of the meter, if this meter has any programming. I would want to know how the sensor is assembled to figure out whether it is even possible for it to be so accurate from 1 mW all the way up to 20 watts. Most sensors cannot give that kind of accuracy over such a huge range.

It did say that in 2W Max range the readings would be 1mw resolution, and in 20W Max range it would be 10mw resolution and the default is 1 -200mw with 0.10mw resolution.

That could be true of the meter, but I seriously doubt it is true of the sensor. In which case, they are likely using the meter to qualify that statement, but if the sensor cannot do it then that statement is meaningless. My Scientech Calorimeter is capable of measuring 35 mW or less, but only inside an isoperibol. Otherwise, the heat is always moving away from the calorimeter. It would be interesting to have someone check one of these for accuracy as I have real doubts about this whole meter and sensor setup.

Maybe some confusion between resolution and accuracy. It's very easy for the A/D to have a very high resolution but the sensor lets it down with poor linearity.

''
Coherent Laser power meters to ensure supureme accracury.

''Lets hope it is more accurate than their spelling '' lol

Yeah, I saw that too. Chinglish is a problem with these sites trying to sell to the USA and EU. It has been a problem as far back as I can remember. Even technical manuals for consumer electronics is rife with them.