Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone heard from Astralist?

I've tried contacting him a couple of times lately. There was a large tsunami in Indonesia and I wanted to know if he's ok. Sure hope so!

Last I heard, he was away from his normal place and working in a place that doesn't have internet. It has been several months since last I heard from him. We used to stay in contact all the time.

Benm

I doubt he would be caught up in any of that - afaik he mostly lives in jakarta which hasn't been more severely flooded that normal, but perhaps he's elsewhere in the country.

One thing in indonesia is that communication networks cut out quite often, especially when there is a power cut (little to no backup power to cell towers), and given many rely on 4G connections instead of landlines there it's possible to get cut off internet access while perfectly safe for quite some time.

He got a hold of me. He's fine. LPM production can resume as he has found a new source for the sensor/thermopile.