Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone disassembled an Arctic? What kind of Driver/specs?

Sorry for yet again another freakin' Arctic thread. I believe I'll be receiving mine in the next couple days if they actually did ship as they said.

I'm wondering if anyone has taken apart the Arctic. I'm specifically interested in the driver. I understand many people tested the mW output at around ~750mW or something like that.

I like the setup of the host, but that power output isn't as appealing as the 1.2 watt output one of the members here (JayRob or something?) has been selling as DIY kits.

I'm considering upgrading the diode and driver in the Arctic to possibly parts from that member's DIY parts. Thoughts?

Someone has remove both PCB's in their Arctic, but the smaller one broke. I don't know what the drivers are set to in the Arctic. I will be removing my driver PCB in the next few days, and I will post what I find out as far as what resistor values are used, and what the pot is set at.

Well, I just received my Arctic in the mail today. Oddly, they sent me a G1 when I thought they were no longer making it. The battery is charging, so I'll be able to check it out later on tonight.