Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone brought the: "RIFLE 445nm 1.5W laser?

I'm thinking of buying the 1.5W RIFLE laser pointer from laserer. I'm wondering if anyone has brought it any could give me a quick review or their opinion it. Additionally, any information and/or opinions on this purchase as well as how I could make shipping it to the U.S. less of a hassle would be greatly appreciated. :)

IsaacT

One suggestion: buy from the B/S/T section here. You can find a laser as powerful, if not more so, being sold from a US seller, and for a better price. Unless you like their host, in which case you will just have to deal with the China->US shipping times.

-Isaac

shipping to the US isnt a hassle at all, well expecting that you buy from lazerer.com and not some company selling a laser similar to the rifle. mine was processed in hong kong on feb 28th, departed HK on march 3rd, arrived and departed US sorting march 6th.....for a Chinese company lazerer does a great job with shipping. i should have my laser tomorrow or monday so i can confirm it made it in one piece.

one piece of advice is to use paypal and not a credit card or debit card. you wont be hit with additional fees and it gives you that extra security if there is a problem

just for comparision, Blord and ApexProxy (along with a few others) have 445nm lasers for sale in the B/S/T section and for roughly $180 USD you can get near 2 watts. who you buy from is completely up to you but their hosts are smaller and more handheld while the rifle is a larger more rugged host. personally i love the rifle host so i understand you desire for it. its all about pros and cons

Thanks to you both for your advice. This is my first laser so I'm probably going to go with the RIFLE because of the host (I only wish there was a safety key for it!) I would love to buy from U.S. sellers and probably will in the future as well as getting diodes and other materials to make my own pointer. Since I've seen others criticized for making a high powered lasers their first one to own I'll simply state that I've worked with >400W lasers used for CNC machining and know what they are capable of. :thanks:

You may want to contact LPF member Danefex, he lives near Chicago so you may be close enough to buy a laser off him and pick it up, then shipping is out the window.

He makes extremely nice builds.

I bought a polished mini-sabre off him at 1.7 watts for the same price as that lazerer rifle 1.5 and the quality is worlds beyond anything you will get from lazerer.

look into the mini sabre...they are similar to the rifle but not the same. i also know someone had a polished rifle host for sale in the B/S/T thread so if you want to build your own then this will allow you to have the rifle and make it how you want

Yes, Mrcrouse has a polished lazerer rifle host for sale, It used to be mine actually :D. Sold it to him when the laser bit the dust and he made it B.E.A.utiful!

yes i will agree that it looks really nice polished but IMO it would look amazing blue anodized :) sorry i just got a thing for BLUE....wait until i build my blue laser

IsaacT

You could probably get Mrcrouse to anodize it for a fee...

hahaha! I was reading around the forums yesterday and I found out there are a LOT of laser enthusiasts from Chicago, which is ironic because we have O'Hare (a world class airport) so close. I like that you can personalize your laser if you create your own but at this time I do not have the materials or the space (living in a college dorm) to fabricate a laser. Thank you for the information though. I'll probably contact him at a later date, most likely during the summer, when I'm back at home.