Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Harbor Freight Tactical light.

I could really use a searchable bible, gaydar, meat thermometer, voltmeter and paternity tester!!! How many times have I needed one of these throughout my lifetime?!

I could really use a searchable bible, gaydar, meat thermometer, voltmeter and paternity tester!!! How many times have I needed one of these throughout my lifetime?!

You Sir fail to appreciate the value of the savings, if you wait until you have a need your cost may be much higher, buy now and save later. ;)

Reactions: GSS
You could be right. They have been very drastically marked up. I love the disclaimer in the upper left of the ad too.

Last edited:
as long as 60 yrs ago -- I remember going w/ Dad to our tool rental place ( in Ohio) that had a 'power' hammer on the wall with a power cord glued into the handle-- the guy said lots of folks asked about that---

about the Texas HF stores and the coupons--I have been shopping at these two HFs for 10+ years-- AND am 100% certain that these stores only had coupons in the rack by the door that WERE NOT the ones sent my mail NEVER! -- I have asked MANY store employees MANY times if they could give me a flyer I forgot to bring and was told NO- we do not get these let alone to hand out-...ever. So unless I find another customer shopping who will share his extra coupons w/ me I am out of luck that visit..PERIOD.

ps
the ones at my two HF stores are NEVER the ones I get by mail-- EVER. ok?
In have no reason to BS you.

Last edited:

GSS

Exactly Hak, way way to many different coupons that cover the same products with some even having a different item #'s. Iv'e made the mistake of forgetting to bring my flyer coupon stashes with me and try to keep half in the car.
Yes are not to liberal with freebies as they use to but unless they get some different products i'm really not visiting them much. This Tactical light was new though.

Last edited:

Gadget

Laugh about HF if you want, but I acquired alot of my machine tools there for very reasonable prices.

Got digital caliper there. A set of parallels. They also have a set of small, indexable lathe bits for around $20 that Ive seen elsewhere for more than $50 that make very nice cuts. Also got dial indicator and magnetic base.

-G

GSS

Laugh about HF if you want, but I acquired alot of my machine tools there for very reasonable prices.

Got digital caliper there. A set of parallels. They also have a set of small, indexable lathe bits for around $20 that Ive seen elsewhere for more than $50 that make very nice cuts. Also got dial indicator and magnetic base.

-G
No laughing, got the same digital calipers, helping hands, DDM's you name it. Always a fun day to go, just not as much lately..
Probably 5 soldering irons by now still working but needed to by them for new tips as they don't carry just the tips. Same thing with 5 gallon wet dry vac, they don't carry replacement bags. That is annoying though.

yeah hard for me to just drive by w/0 stopping-- (sometimes both ways) I need to keep a mental list of tools I want BUT only if can get the lowest possible price. I hate when I think I got the best deal ony to see the item later in a flyer for $10 less--
tip
you can call HF and deal with a salesguy and they see to have some leeway in pricing-I thought Igotthe bst price possible on belt/disc sander-- at $69 only to see it much later for 59$ however I saved the gas $$ as that price included free UPS shipping and saved time- it arrived VERY fast ands as Gadget sez- deals can be gotten if you WAIT- I have most that was mentioned-- the digital calipers work well-- nice to read in mm and inches. every workbench needs a set and when on sale-less than $10 fo the smallest they carry.
On shrink I found much better deals and huge selection from the 'Heat Shrink Buddy' at Ebay-- treated me like I was his best customer, added a bunch of free samples to my order and adding some now ones because I told him that we would buy if he added them-- MORE colors (even clear)and smallest --like we want for shrinking the connections on the diode pins-- IIRC I made a thread about Buddy--

==HF
sometimes they offer the $79 power washer(electric) for $69 BUT I would only suggest buying it only if you intend to 'baby' it and expect it to quit in time--
I got two big bar clamps and took them to SELEM (donated them) where they could be clamped to the overhead beams and support the weight of a 25-30 inch mirror ball-- on sale like $9 each.

and.. I always look for the free item(s) of the day- purchase in needed but I never have NO needs-

The aa and aaa 'yellow' batteries are cheapest - in some devices , like a camera when 'fresh and new' bring up the 'replace batteries' notation before you can take a pic..so I ONLY get those when they are free.

Altough I don't play the 'use it-return-it' game I have noticed that almost EVERY visit I see peeps in line returning stuff and I suspect they use it for whatever then get full refund-- a 5hitty thing to do as like shoplifting such things are paid for by all of US in the form of higher prices.. Here at Lowes they had to change their 'no questions asked ' policy- peeps were buying a bunch of stuff to take for a day or weekend to Surfside beach and on their way home north would stop at Lowes and return it ALL_ like shade set-up- beach chairs-folding table-tarps etc-- even used charcoal grills-

I am sure HF has lost $$ on this. At best some items could only be sold very cheap as used not new.

I plan to go very soon-- just waiting on my yellow labbies to show AixiZ Laser, who. a LONG time ago sold DPSS yellows mostly iirc for full color projectors-- Dr Chuck stopped stocking them due to the high fail rate and these were iirc 'faily' high power-- much larger laser head and big ass PS. I will quiz Chuck about the Yellow he once carried-- I do know he only lost $ on them and sadly he may be 'shy' about offering yellows again--
no yellows at HF lol

Buert

Wondering if anyone has seen Harbor Freights new monthly flyer.
First time iv'e seen them offer a "Tactical Stream Light Pro Trac"
$9.99 with super coupon and takes "4" AAA's
Just mentioning it as its not their usual cheapie 9LED free coupon ones..
If you finding something seriously then don't go with cheap. I means you can drop the AAA battery, Its not working longer as you a wish. For the best tactical flashlight check the all reviews before get struggled.

I was just perusing the forums and saw this necro’d old thread. Since it’s already up at the top anyway (not sure why), I thought I’d share an extremely useful website. Maybe it’ll help someone else save a few extra bucks here or there (though it’s probably more likely to indirectly cause someone to buy a few extra things they don’t need).

No need to keep up with any coupons when you’ve got this bad boy on tap:

Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database