Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Happy Veterans Day

Here in Australia, Remembrance Day was yesterday for us and at 11 am we mark the occasion with a two-minute silence,
so as to remember and give thanks to all who serve and have served all around the world in order that we all may enjoy the freedoms that we enjoy.

Happy Veterans Day and Lest We Forget

🇦🇺🇳🇿🇬🇧🇺🇲🇨🇦 + all others that serve.

(as a side note, I was born at 11 am on Remembrance Day :) )

RB

Encap

Yes, Happy Veteran's Day to all .
"For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected shall never know "~ Guy de Maupassant

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
~ John Stuart Mill

Great Thanks and appreciation to all who serve and have served.

So many people gave so much and some people gave their all so that we can live free and we owe them a great debt for their blood, we Americans are all responsible for insuring tomorrows American children will be born in the land of the free and the home of the brave able to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Today I see so many young people who think freedom is a given but it's not and others think our Constitutional rights are negotiable, but I will not rest while injustice persists, I will not stop fighting to preserve freedom for everyone or be fooled by the lies of those who crave power, yes I can see the appeal of a modern society where everyone works for the common good and everyone's needs are provided for but any legislation to this end must respect and preserve our freedom, it is possible to do both but not when those who make our laws think we are willing to trade freedom for security or when the citizens allow infringements to persist, so I urge everyone to strive for the best but don't be fooled by the conniving want-to-be tyrants and their false promises, remember that freedom is the only garden from which true liberty can flourish and support those who also fight for our rights, stop those who do not.

Yes, Happy Veteran's Day to all .
"For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected shall never know "~ Guy de Maupassant

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
~ John Stuart Mill

Great Thanks and appreciation to all who serve and have served.

So many people gave so much and some people gave their all so that we can live free and we owe them a great debt for their blood, we Americans are all responsible for insuring tomorrows American children will be born in the land of the free and the home of the brave able to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Today I see so many young people who think freedom is a given but it's not and others think our Constitutional rights are negotiable, but I will not rest while injustice persists, I will not stop fighting to preserve freedom for everyone or be fooled by the lies of those who crave power, yes I can see the appeal of a modern society where everyone works for the common good and everyone's needs are provided for but any legislation to this end must respect and preserve our freedom, it is possible to do both but not when those who make our laws think we are willing to trade freedom for security or when the citizens allow infringements to persist, so I urge everyone to strive for the best but don't be fooled by the conniving want-to-be tyrants and their false promises, remember that freedom is the only garden from which true liberty can flourish and support those who also fight for our rights, stop those who do not.

So very well said Encap & Red.
I wish more Australians were as patriotic to Australia as you guys are for your great country.
I hope America stays great because there are so many evil forces seeking to break down our countries and nullify the sacrifices made in the past which gave us the freedoms we enjoy today.

RB

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, thanks Andrew for reminding me that the commonwealth also commemorates around the same time. It’s officially Remembrance Day here on the 11th, however we have parades on Remembrance Sunday. Happy birthday also. :)