Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

halfway fried?

budule

the half dead one unscrews in the middle, i just cut it to get close to the spring to solder to it. the 50$ one has the end cap....while im on the vortex subject, is there an easy way to adjust the angle of the mirror? .. ive just been hot gluing it to the fan and living with the results....would like to be able to adjust it somehow but the only cheap mirrors i could find are pretty small...
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/MIR-19/1ST-SURFACE-MIRROR/1.html

smaller than they look in that picture anyway...

IgorT

Are you going to measure the current in your $50 laser?

What power is it? What does it say on the sticker of the more expensive one?

Otherwise, 5mW really isn't much. But 5mW DX lasers often do up to 30mW.. So maybe it was more before, but is 5mW now?

budule

im not sure but when i compare it to the other one the dot is a lot smaller and a lot dimmer....i found some REALLY cheap on a certin auction site so i might order 2 or 3
im sure the 5mw is a wimp but i got kids walking through/playing in this thing so i kinda want it weak/safe as possible....weak or not when it was working it was awsome...

IgorT

Yeah, but as i said, since you bought the "5"mW from DX, it could have actually been anywhere between 5-30mW..

So the awesomeness could have been a result of it being more powerful than you thought it was. If you get a quality 5mW green, it will work better, but it will actually be 5mW, and no more. It could be dimmer.

I don't think many DX 5mW lasers are actually 5mW.. :)