Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

grounding the rkstar driver

I've flipped through dozen of pages and I'm still in stuck in stupid :p How are we using a rkstar driver and either conecting a spring or
I guess case grounding a diode. If it sounds to simplistic then please pass this topic up if you can point me in the right direction
then kudos for you and me. Just to reinterate I'm using a rckstar driver in a build and am down to ramping up the power
how are we to hook the thing up so as to use the host as the ground or vise vrs. Thank you in advanced .

P.S. I'm using the GGW-H20L 6x BluRay diode is there a mA setting that is suggested cause in reading one said 200mA's and another
said 240mA.

One of the many ways I ground mine, when required, by shortening the black wire and soldering it to the back of the Axiz housing...You need to file through the plating and tin the housing first.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 803T-02_004.jpg
    803T-02_004.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 98
rog8811 said:
One of the many ways I ground mine, when required, by shortening the black wire and soldering it to the back of the Axiz housing...You need to file through the plating and tin the housing first.

Regards rog8811
Yes sir that would work , but that would require desoldering when needed to access the driver would it not. Not that that is a bad idea.
I'm looking for how should I say a more of a factory mod. :) Thanks for the feed back though

I assumed you knew the most obvious way so gave a less obvious one  ::) ....If the blu-ray you are using is the same pinout as the rest, just short the neg pin on the LD to the unused pin which is earthed to the case.

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
I assumed you knew the most obvious way so gave a less obvious one  ::) ....If the blu-ray you are using is the same pinout as the rest, just short the neg pin on the LD to the unused pin which is earthed to the case.

Regards rog8811
That is what I'm looking for thank you. Do you think this is altering the current I could re- test?
I strongly doubt it , but lets see.

Measure the current with a 1ohm resistor on the input, I am sure it will not have changed.

Regards rog8811