Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings!

Hello guys! I'm Mark and I'm 17 and I'm from hot and sunny Singapore! (Sometimes too hot and too sunny. Is pants really)

Anyway my interest in lasers has been growing rather quickly after getting my first 5mW 532nm green laser a couple of months (Maybe a year) back after taking notice of its visible beam and its dot being blindingly bright and soon realized, "I've got to have one!"

Well as my hunger (Or shall we say, "Lust"? :p)grew for more lasers (I've got a 200mW Dilda V2 coming from DX in a while) and facing sad reality that I'm not gonna be able to afford "branded" lasers (Equal to months of pocket money), I've resorted to cheaper "China" lasers (And hence, the Dilda V2) and recently, found another alternative- Custom builds. How do I get started then? I don't know. I've had no prior experience with laser builds and certainly hope that I'll gain some knowledge and tips from you veterans here.

Hopefully with enough experience and confidence I'll be able to expand that hobby and maybe market them part-time (Taking a leaf out of MANY books here :p).

Well guess thats enough reading for a fortnight! Hope to get to know you all better!

welcome.gif
to the Forum...

Contrary to what some members may say... using the [Search] button
will allow you to access the tons of Laser Related information on the
Forum.

BTW did you have Laser Safety Goggles to go with that 200mW Laser
that you ordered...

Jerry

I'm not getting the one from DX, heard they are a rat's behind. I think i'll get the one from O-Like, or do you have another recommendation?

And thanks for the welcome ;) And i always use the [Search] button! :p

Hola Amigo (oops, wrong country, continent for that matter...) !!!

Welcome to the forum, for info regarding "DIY" lasers you have come to the right place - Jerry wasn't "messing" with you, but he does have a point, "search" works (but only if you work it).

Start by "lurking" and reading, if you're into red lasers read that "red" thread, likewise for your particular area of interest, pick your poison we're all here to help!

When you are ready to make decisions (REAL decisions) regarding sourcing/purchasing components, #1 you should backtrack and confirm your research, your design, your method of production, and THEN ask appropriate, non-generalised questions (providing you are looking for quality, knowledgeable help, and not "thread drivel") regarding the actual launching of your project .... If you take the time and effort you may just be amazed the level of knowledge and dedication that still survives on this forum!

Welcome to one of the most unique hobbies on the planet - money will get you there now, research and initiative (along with practice) will get you there eventually, and photon fascination will keep you here, period.

(BTW, "money now" should read "GOBS of money now" ... Best to stick with research, initiative, and practice IMHO)

All the 200mW Red Lasers (Dilda type) are basically the same... With O-Like you will
get a better deal because batteries and a charger are included...

Jerry

Thanks guys for the welcome!

Oh and my plan to market customs has sort of skidded to a halt. Buying parts in singles would give rather small profit margins. Only way is to buy in bulk, which unfortunately i don't have the capital nor confidence to do.

Regardless, I'm still planning to build a 405nm laser for myself and hopefully with the expert help here, it'll soon be a reality!