Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from the Soggy State

gregma

Hello Greg, welcome to LPF. Good to see someone from "The Evergreen State", I think there are only 5 of us that are active members, you would be number 6, there have been some others too but they haven't posted in a very long time. I lived in Seattle for a few years long ago on Queen Ann hill.

Alan

Thank you kindly! I actually live and work on the East Side along I-90. Just most people only know about Seattle when it comes to Washington State. Have Never actually lived on the west side of the lake except when I was all the way up in Mt. Vernon.

gregma

Welcome Greg. I'm from the less soggy state just below you. You can definitely make a nice burner with an m140 blue diode and host for 100$. Check out Ultimatekaisers sales thread. He has some 501b host ready to go just add the diode you can buy from DTR for about 60$ with a driver. That would be a nice first build. With a 3 element lens you would get a nicer beam but still burn.

I've actually been thinking of making my first build a 445nm. I think that's the only way I'll get the power I'm looking for for my measly budget. I was also thinking of a 520nm, and then something in the red. 650? Eventually a 532. I'd like to get up to the 1000mW power range.

I'll definitely check out that thread!

Yeah, that is why I greeted you with it way up above as it is way at the bottom.
Hope you have a good thanksgiving!

Hi gregma
Welcome to the forum.
>>>>Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here.<<<<
Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Try harder-- use edit-copy then paste--
you have a double posted 1 min apart on pg 1 and a TRIPLE on page 2- plz combine them into just two posts--

BTW you just missed a very nice laser meet in Potland(Or) last weekend- search NWLEM and SELEM to see pics & vids @ytube etc

welcome to LPF --I have a +6 green rep for you AFTER you edit--LOTS of great members up your way btw

Some own LPMs & will meter yrs for free...

hak

gregma

Yeah, that is why I greeted you with it way up above as it is way at the bottom.
Hope you have a good thanksgiving!

Hi gregma
Welcome to the forum.
>>>>Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here.<<<<
Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Thank you! I hope your Thanksgiving was terrific!

gregma

Darn... Two weeks in and I have 7 lasers already with 3 more ordered! Obsessive much?? LOL

Next is to build an LPM.