Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from southeast Michigan

CaveJohnson2222

Hello all. I used to be really into lasers but I took an extended break right around the time wicked lasers stopped shipping to the US. I am just now getting back into the hobby after seeing how far the technology has advanced. Most of the lasers I have are old wicked laser models including a 15mW classic green, a 80mW Evo series, and a 125mW red (I forgot the series name but it's the all silver one). I also have a cheap 405nm and 445nm that are less than 5mW.

I am mainly interested in how the laws have changed for shipping and owning high power lasers in the US. Also, I am looking to eventually acquire a better burning laser as well as expand my "rainbow" of wavelengths.

Welcome to the LPF. The laws concerning buying lasers in the US haven't changed. Neither have the laws concerning buying them outside the US. It is still very rare that lasers get seized in customs here. Most get through without incident.

Hi, Welcome to LPF it seems you have been aquatinted with lasers. Thats all good and also safety glasses are required . Yes things have changed considerably in the field of lasers. Be safe and enjoy.

Rich:)

GSS

Welcome CJ2222,
Have fun again and be safe.. Which brings up a point.. A cheap 405 and 445 at 5mw usually doesn't exist, they are most likely way stronger than 5mw so be careful..