Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from New York

trephanation

Hey all, new member from NY here. I had no idea that there was such a helpful community focused on lasers. The technology for handheld devices has come such a long way since I got my last pointer I had, maybe 17 years ago, which was a tiny red dot (probably under 1mw) that's actually been lost in my house for some time now.

Anyways, my interest was piqued of course by Styro's videos. I graduated with my biology degree and work as a lab tech, but unfortunately we only manufacture allergy immunotherapy and do not ever deal with lasers :LOL: Thankfully, this is proving to be an amazing and hands on way to brush up on physics and electronics. I've ordered some parts for my first build which is going to be a 1W Green. I don't have a LPM but I currently have a blue handheld that I'm estimating is somewhere between 200-400 mw.

Looking forward to participating and posting my first build when it's complete!

*and yes, I have some safety glasses!!*

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6

GSS

Welcome and nice intro:)
It's good that you nice job as you will find out soon to just how addicting this hobby is:whistle:

Welcome to the LPF. Glad to have you among us. Enjoy your stay and stay safe.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, trephanation! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

PS - Glad to see that you already have safety glasses, just be sure that they are protective in the wavelength range of your intended laser build.

Hi, And welcome to LPF here you will meet many nice folks and learn many new and exciting things. Be safe and wear you safety glasses , enjoy this wonderful hobby but beware its very addicting and fun.
Rich:)