Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Florida!

ag04

Hey guys, I'm Adam out of the Tampa Bay area, just checking in and saying hi!:yh:

I've always had an interest in lasers, but a lot more recently when I've started to research their amazing abilities and uses. My astronomy professor uses a green laser to point out stars and planets in the night sky during observations. I've also discovered the high powered National Ignition Facility used to create nuclear fusion to try and replicate star forming conditions. And not to mention the gas lasers used by the military in testing missal defense. Then all that hullabaloo about wicked lasers' arctic III pro being accused of being a lightsaber copy.

So... I want to build a laser! I think building one would be far more informative than simply shelling out the clams to buying a pre-built one. Thanks guys!

-Adam

Burnsy

Welcome :wave:

Read stickies and use the search function a LOT ;)
When building a laser I'd recommend you using a build kit, look at the laser pro shop section and using a cheap diode ;) like a PHR (violet) or a LOC (red)
Also buy safety glasses and ALWAYS wear them if there's a chance that you might hit a reflective item
Enjoy this hobby :beer:

WELCOME TO L.P.F.!!!!!! i do love tampa/st. pete alot.....we always come down for the offshore boat races/poker runs...

Welcome to the forum.
I am right around the corner from you, Lakeland.
Great place to live, except for the hurricanes.:D

Another Florida member, it's becoming the new California! Welcome to the forums.

Edit: Luckily we haven't had many bad storms lately. It's raining like crazy here lately though.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!! There are a couple useful links in my sig if you're looking to build a laser...

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section: http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people here. :beer: