Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from a Belgium based laser enthusiast

_Wim_

Hi All,

Just "discovered" this forum while searching for info about DIY raman spectroscopy, and seeing all of the interesting contents here, I figured I should subscribe immediately!

About me, I have been playing around with lasers and optics or quite a while. My main interest lies in performing measurements with light/lasers. I also do some electronics and programming and enjoy repairing broken test gear I bought on Ebay.

So far I have built a laser interferometer (as described on Sam's FAQ ), repaired a few spectrometers (both NIR and VIS), and I am in the process of automating and older monochromator. Over the years I have acquired quite a few lasers (some red and green HeNe, some red and blue diode laser from coherent, an Argon laser , many IR fiber lasers removed from telecom equipment,....). I am also in the process of trying to repair a Jenoptic smaragd Q-swithed laser hoping to one day build a laser engraving system with it, but as with probably many around here, to many projects, too less time.

I suffer from TEA (test gear acquisition syndrome) and probably some similar laser related diseases . This forum will probably not cure any of these :) , but that is ok for me.

Hi there & welcome to LPF!
Always great to see more EU members around..

Enjoy and stay safe :)

_Wim_

Thanks!

So far I have been playing & will continue to play it safe. own professional good laser glasses for the wavelengths I own. The Q-switched laser will be fully enclosed with safety interlocked door switch.

Encap

Welcome and enjoy the forum.
Glad you found LPF.

Last edited:

_Wim_

Thanks, I am already reading lots of threads and also kicking myself I did not buy one of those 473nm Raman units (thread: B&W-tech Spectrometer & 473 module: Setup+Mods+Info) when they were available on Ebay...

FAP

I know where you can still get one :p I will reach out to you with info

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. :)
Nice intro btw.
Also nice to see more European members

Warm welcome!

You will be poorer in pocket but richer in spirit now that you're one of us. Enjoy ;)

I'll add my much belated greeting in here as well.
_Wim_ , If you ever plan to do a real project that needs the B&W-tech 473 units let me know. I've got a some I might let go for a good cause.
It sounds like you have a great start with what lasers you've got and your projects.