Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser with arrow head + class II

Pman

I purchased a few different lasers that were supposed to be safe with different caps a few times and they all output 6-7mW with fresh button cells. Everyone of them was red though. I used to see lots of this kind of thing in dollar stores and gas stations but again, they were always red.

Last edited:

Hi Pman,

I also found few red laser pointers which can make an arrow + which belong to laser class II (power max. 1mW).
But as you can see from the pictures here the red arrow is not well visible. Since I have to use a class II laser, I need a green laser so that the arrow is better visible.

Hallo!

I am still in search of a green (or red) laser pointer/laser module which produces an arrow instead of a dot.
I also do not care about the laser class anymore (I wanted laser class II but I could not find any laser pointer which produces an arrow and which belongs to this class).
Could you please give me some links to shops where I can buy such a laser?
I tried to find some, but the one I found here, here and here are all out of stock.

I really would be happy about any help!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi partial, take a look at this pointer if you're also open to red wavelengths now. :D
It is from Apinex, it doesn't mention being sold out, so you may get lucky!

Edit: Here is one from Alpec, not sure about availability, also, another one Here from a company called Swag Brokers.

Last edited:
Dear BowtieGuy,

Thank you so much for your Suggestion - I just ordered this laser pointer!
Well, I still would prefer a green laser pointer with arrow pattern. But since I cannot find one, I have to be open for red laser pointers or for green laser pointers with higher class/power.

I still hope somebody else knows a green laser pointer which produces an arrow (laser class is not important anymore).

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm glad thag will work for you! I've added a couple of more sites that I ran across, I hope you can eventually find your green arrow pointer.

GSS

I purchased a few different lasers that were supposed to be safe with different caps a few times and they all output 6-7mW with fresh button cells. Everyone of them was red though. I used to see lots of this kind of thing in dollar stores and gas stations but again, they were always red.
A little bit old of a response but iv'e also gotten a dollar store button cell type that actually melted its lens

Dear all,

Thank you for all your helpful replies!
By chance I found a green laser pointer which can produce an arrow at microfiberproducts (it seems to be the same laser pointer as this here which is sold out).

I got the laser pointer already and tested it.
Well, it is nice but it is not bright enough as you can see from attached picture (that is perhaps the reason why you cannot get such a laser pointer in a lower class/with less power – nobody could see the arrow anymore).
0x675.png

On this picture you can see also the arrow which I produce with a LED pointer (left side: LED pointer; right side: laser pointer; distance camera to wall is about 6 m/19.6 feet).
My LED pointer is not bad, but it is by far too big and heavy (32 cm/12.6 inches long and about 1 kg/2.2 pounds). The LED pointer is also connected with a wire to a plug so that users are not really mobile when they use it.

Attached you can see some pictures of my LED pointer.
Side view:
0x675.png

Front view; a lens creates the image of the arrow:
0x675.png

The arrow of this LED pointer is really nice and useful because one can better indicate something with it than with the dot of a laser pointer.
But this LED pointer is really not nice, as you can see from my pictures.

So, I hope somebody of you knows a laser pointer or LED pointer with is better than the laserpointer I bought and with which I can replace my old LED pointer.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi partial, did you ever order one of those red pointers? I'm just curious to see how it compares to your green pointer.
It would have to have quite a bit higher mW output than your green to be more noticable though.

Dear BowtieGuy,

Yes, I ordered a red laser pointer with arrow pattern from apinex .
As soon as I get it, I will test it and report the result here.

Since green is for our eyes better visible than red, I do not have much hope that the laser pointer from apinex will work for me although it might have a bit higher output power.
That is also why I ask for other products with higher output power or for some LED pointer.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited: