Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser with arrow head + class II

Dear forum members,

I search for a green laser pointer/laser module which produces an arrow instead of a dot and which belongs to laser class II and not to a higher class (that is, the power should be at maximum 1 mW).
The laser beam should look similar to these pictures, but it should be green:
ztlp03-05.jpg
2.jpg

I really spend a lot of time for my search, but so far I could not find such a laser.
The only products which I found are:
This here would be perfect but they are out of stock (and the company does not reply any email...).
This here and this here are nice but they belong to laser class IIIa.

Could somebody of you please tell me where I can get a green laser pointer/laser module with arrow head which belongs to laser class II?
I really would appreciate ANY help a lot!!

Last edited:

gozert

You already made a thread with basically the same question a couple days ago, others couldn't find it for you either. Next time post in the thread that you already made instead of making a new one. And no, sorry. I haven't seen one yet.

This post here is not from me.
I just replied.
Since the title of this post is perhaps a bit misleading, I started a new question in the appropriate sub-forum.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
partial, check this site out, it's a UK site, but they say the pointer is green! :D

Edit - I see that it shows out of stock, but they may be able to get more.

Last edited:

gozert

This post here is not from me.
I just replied.
Since the title of this post is perhaps a bit misleading, I started a new question in the appropriate sub-forum.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

You're right, my bad. I guess I misclicked on the posts by user instead of threads started by user. Why exactly do people want an arrow? If you want to point at something you can just use the normal dot right?

Dear BowtieGuy,

Thanks for the link. I mentioned the same link in my post too. The sad thing is that this laser is out of stock and the company never replied to any of my emails (this would be exactly the laser I want to have…).

Dear gozert,

No problem!
To answer your question: With an arrow you can point sometimes a bit better to a special thing on your slide. Or you can use it to demonstrate something on your slide, e.g. direction of current in a circuit etc.

The “funny” thing is: There are many (green) laser pointers which can make nice but (at least for me) totally useless patterns, e.g. here.
I really ask myself what the purpose of such lasers is.
And there are so many lasers with high (>1 or 5mW) power – they really shouldn’t be used in a school room/lecture hall to avoid eye damages. That is why I need a laser which belongs to class II.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry, I missed the link in your post. :yabbem: Too bad they won't reply to you, that pen would be perfect for you.
Good luck in your search!

Gadget

I just gotta ask....
Why not get the red one and take the arrow grating off and attach it to a green pointer of your choosing rather than go through all these gyrations to find it in green?

-G

Dear BowtieGuy,

no problem, thanks for your wishes.

Dear Gadget,

I also had this idea. But so far, I did not find a green laser pointer on which the arrow grating of a red laser pointer would fit…
Anyway, if I find the right combination (perhaps with the help of the user here), I would take this solution for sure!

Dear Smeerworst,

thank you for your this and this link.
I also found these products, but they belong to laser class IIIa and not class II, so I may not use them (at least here in Switzerland).

In the meantime the company here replied. They want to order this laserpointer so that it is on stock again! I hope this will work because this would be the perfect laser pointer (arrow + class II) for me.

In the case this will not work, I still hope to find a similar product.

Edit:
The company here replied again: They told me that their supplier cannot supply them anymore with this laserpointer. That is really extremely sad because so far this was the only laser pointer which has an arrow and which has class II.
Now I really hope that some of you here find a similar product or have another idea.
I really would appreciate any help a lot!

Last edited:

anderp

To be quite honest, with the diffraction gratings fitted it's not going to matter much if you're using 1mW or 5mW - it's spread over a large enough surface area to not be a hazard unless you're firing it directly into peoples' eyes (and even then, blink reflex should prevent damage) - but you're NOT shining them at people, as that would be absolutely pants-on-head retarded, so nothing to worry about.

I'd be surprised if the units marked as 1mW are actually outputting that little power, it seems pretty much impossible to find any actually-low-power devices these days. Regardless of what pointer you go with, I'd recommend getting it LPM'd prior to actually using it to make sure the power level is safe.

Dear anderp,

Thank you for your reply!
I agree, I also think that there is no big difference between 1mW and 5mW if one uses diffraction gratings.
But the problem is the strict Swiss law:
If I want to use a laser as laserpointer (regardless if the spot is an arrow or a point etc.), it has to belong to laser class I or II (max. 1mW) because it could get into peoples’ eyes accidently!
If I do not follow this law, I could render myself liable to prosecution…

I also have a lot of doubts if lasers with 1mW really have that little power, especially when they come from mainland china (I would love to make LPM at some devices). It is hard to find lasers which really have that little power – and they cost then often more than lasers with higher power. So, it is really no wonder that I cannot find a green laserpointer with 1mW which can make an arrow.

At the moment I try to find a laser “cap” which can make an arrow and which fits on a 1mW green laser pointer.
But so far, I do not find a good combination.
Perhaps some of you here can give me a hint where to find such a cap?