Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser to the eye

I was looking at a buddies new laser and shot my self in the eye with it by mistake. this was about a week, week and a half a go. initially every thing was blurry and color damage. the color damage has gone away but there's a small spot that is still blurry right where my eye got hit. it seems to be getting smaller but im not sure if this will be permanent

TuhOz

Sorry to hear that :( Your friend seems to be an idiot. No offence
Do you remember how powerful was the laser?
Could you see the beam?

You should visit Eye Doctor..

Last edited:
Your buddy is a F****** idiot , and i suggest to visit a optician / ophthalmologist

Anyways eye damage will never heal...

Last edited:

Arayan

Don%27t%2Bfeed%2Bthe%2Btroll.jpg

...but in any case
i suggest to visit a optician / ophthalmologist
this is a good suggestion...

Last edited:
I was looking at a buddies new laser and shot my self in the eye with it by mistake. this was about a week, week and a half a go. initially every thing was blurry and color damage. the color damage has gone away but there's a small spot that is still blurry right where my eye got hit. it seems to be getting smaller but im not sure if this will be permanent

So did HE kill your eye? or did U?

Who was holding it, also, how does anyone even accidently point it in anyone's eye ...? accidently ....

He did that himself by holding his buddies laserpointer , let's hope it was not a 100mW

thats makes it even weirder doesnt it, who accidentally shines a laser in HIS OWN EYES..?

anyways, another good example of WHY U SHOULD WEAR GOGGLES, also, the buddy should have SERIOUSLY warned him.

Whenever a buddy of mine want to TOUCH any of my lasers, i explain to them that it WILL BLIND THEM PERMANENTLY, FASTER THEN THE BLINK OF THEIR EYE, LITERALLY.

That way they are already a bit freaked out, and dont dare shine it anywhere close to ANYONE's eyes, or any reflective surface.

Go see an eye docter, and hope that u didnt do any permanent damage...

My guess is that he doesn't know anything about lasers , only that it's a lightsource.

And his buddy should never just leave his lasers laying arround with batteries inside.

When i have visitors i keep my lasers out of sight unless they wanna see some beams.

don't know how powerful it was, it had a high and low setting and it was on the low.

jimdt7

Good to hear it was on low mode ! You should visit an optician, ophthalmologist as soon as you can ! You have only one pair of eyes !!!

The "blurry" part could be a point of damage. Some healing would lessen the noticeable effect of the damage and given some more time your brain would start to adapt and compensate for the small point of vision loss. After enough time you wouldn't notice it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there ! As you get older you will start to notice it more and the effects will be more troublesome. (There is another thread here about this very topic. Check it out to see why I say this.)

Go get a thorough check-up. Tell them why you are there and what your concerns are.
Then listen to their advice.
I hope you are lucky and it is only temporary.
:eek:

This is why customs gets on peoples cases in some places...LASERS ARE NOT TOYS!!!!

I agree with all of the above comments, get to an optometrist, as soon as possible..

ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES, THIS IS ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE AS TO WHY YOU NEED TO, WE DON'T JUST "BLOW SMOKE" WHEN WE SAY IT...

Hope it all works out for ya in the end, if it did without any type of correction you would be one lucky person..and I mean it. Everyone take this as your warning...

The "blurry" part could be a point of damage. Some healing would lessen the noticeable effect of the damage and given some more time your brain would start to adapt and compensate for the small point of vision loss. After enough time you wouldn't notice it, but that doesn't mean it isn't there ! As you get older you will start to notice it more and the effects will be more troublesome. (There is another thread here about this very topic. Check it out to see why I say this.)

Go get a thorough check-up. Tell them why you are there and what your concerns are.
Then listen to their advice.
I hope you are lucky and it is only temporary.
:eek:

"Blurriness" is not even a typical symptom. Color damage is also unlikely as what is more typical is "tiny dark circles or lines".

Which eye did this happen on?

Jez006

Personally I don't understand the OP. Does he want reassurance that it's all magically going to go away!?

If you're noticing damage after more than a week that's worrying..

See a doctor!

Last edited: