Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser Stack help

threesixty.je

Hello all

I have a STack laser currently listed on ebay as untested because i have no idea of what power supply i need to test

i attached two pictures in case someone recognises this.
This came out of a Medical laser machine and the output power was 120W of green.

I am not sure what makes it green.. may be the optics and that small crystal in front of it or it may be the end pumped cavity i also have..

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone could assist with testing this item.. i just want to see if it works.. it does not have to be at full power.. just so i can add tis information to my listing..

Anyone's assistance would be apreciated

Regards

Marco
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

This is probably a Near-IR output at 808 nm, when at the operating temperature. I don't know the voltage, depends upon how many diodes are in each stack. The green output comes from a non-linear crystal the IR output from this diode stack is focused into, this won't put out green itself.

threesixty.je

thanks for your reply
this is the complete laser table assembly i dismantled..

I donlt even understand what all the parts do :).. wish i did

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 21.18.13.jpg
Where is the green colour being generated?

on that long bit which has a rod inside?

this setup is a little strange because instead of side pumped is end pumped?

I thought you were missing some parts. I wouldn't just dissemble the whole laser optical table as you need the temperature control as well as the other optics to get a stable 532nm DPSS green out of it.

threesixty.je

I thought you were missing some parts. I wouldn't just dissemble the whole laser optical table as you need the temperature control as well as the other optics to get a stable 532nm DPSS green out of it.
Ha

too late now..
It’s all in parts..
Indo have every part still...

threesixty.je

Yep. A challenge
My objective was to provide all them as spare parts for anyone needing them in the next few years if ever

I just wish I could test the diode somehow
I ended up misplacing the original power supply and ended up being dismantled for recycling by mistake so now I don’t know what to do to to Test this

You'll need a high current low voltage constant current power supply. If those rows are in series, my wild guess would be just under 14V at maybe 60-100A.

If you're just looking for basic functionality, threshold current could be as low as 10A. You'll need a plan to view IR. There are detector cards, GITD substance options, cameras, or a few other avenues. Of course. It should go without saying this should not be operated without cooling for longer than a few seconds. Oh, and please take care to avoid the IR beam.

threesixty.je

That’s cool thanks
Also thank you for the safety advise. I have plenty of protection methods

I am actually in the process of building a chamber for laser testing with swappable windows for the various wavelengths
I have all the glasses etc in the meantime

Although not related to the pump testing, the good folks at Discord have gathered some additional info for anyone curious.

Styropyro has determined this is a laserscope greenlight HPS laser.

DashApple sourced the following image from a blog post:

park6uY.jpg

And Diachi has labeled the beam path:

caoa4ZM.png

diachi

Although not related to the pump testing, the good folks at Discord have gathered some additional info for anyone curious.

Styropyro has determined this is a laserscope greenlight HPS laser.

DashApple sourced the following image from a blog post:

park6uY.jpg

And Diachi has labeled the beam path:

caoa4ZM.png

I *think* that's the beam path. I feel like I'm missing something on the output end (green), but I'm confident on the cavity layout (red/yellow). Good old Z-fold. Q-switch on the long (middle) arm. KTP on the top arm, gain crystal on the bottom arm (Could be YAG or Nd:YVO4 can't say for sure). OC at the fold on the bottom right where red/yellow/green meet. Didn't bother including the pump path, that's fairly obvious.

threesixty.je

It makes sense to me but again I have no idea of what most of these optics do :)

I just think that each piece is incredibly well built

really impressive machining and engineering