Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser in me pocket

Hey I'm new, but I'm aware that green 532nm lasers are slightly more heat sensitive than the other colors.

I have a green laser, and I had it in my pocket for a couple hours, and it was thoughrally warm. I took it out to shine around and it *seemed* to put out a lot less light. But this day it seems is brighter out than the past few days, and I've only had my laser a few days.

I wasn't sure if the heat cause some inefficiencies In the light conversion.

Is t safe for my precious laser to reside in my pocket for hours at a time?

Thanks you! If there is a thread I couldn't find about this please direct me there. Thanks!

Provided you're not walking into things at a less than reasonable pace, or if you do not harbor a volcano in your pocket, yes, your laser is fine there :p

DPSS lasers are very heat sensitive, some greenies like it warm, and others like it cold. It won't have any significant effect on it's lifespan.

Last edited:
Yes, it's safe. Body temperatures should not affect lasers enough to measure - I don't care where you stick it.

But batteries may be affected. It's possible warm batteries during their mid-life (crisis) could exhibit less than optimal performance.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It may be safe to have in your pocket temperature wise, but you probably want make sure that it can't be accidently turned on. That could be very painful!

Also, another downside to keeping it in your pocket is the possible accumulation of lint, dirt, and other debris, getting on the lens.

On the plus side, some people may think you are "glad to see them", when it's only a laser in your pocket! :D

I should clarify! BREAST POCKET. I think a small risk of accidental turn on. And zero risk of apparent "accidental turn on."

I should clarify! BREAST POCKET. I think a small risk of accidental turn on. And zero risk of apparent "accidental turn on."

Turn-ons involving the breast (pocket) are more prevalent than you might think.

Tmack

Huh Sofia, I love you. Can't understand you, but that's even better.

Yeah I keep a cannon In me pocket daily, laser too.
Never had a problem except for lint as mentioned