Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser 100mW loose lens?

Macee

I bought this at a computer market for lets say, an inflated price.

I'm in Australia and our customs are batshit crazy so I don't really want to risk spending alot of money on an online supplier just to have it confiscated.

Anyway. At first the beam was a dot and was working relatively well, however it soon came apparent that there would be random patterns around the dot, the dot would completely vanish etc...all randomised with a shake of the laser. A loose lens. One of my friends then decided to get a match stick and shove it in the hole which set the lens in place, but with spots all around it, the spots were there sometimes beforehand, so it's not the matchstick damaging the lens.

Picture (click)

My question is, how to I fix this? whats the best way to get to the lens to clean it and put it on properly?

The casing is pretty much like this, except the sticker is located on the back.

350__1_10215-020-I01.jpg

Thanks guys.

You need to remove the cap.

Do this using a vice and a piece of leather or rubber material so you dont scratch the host cap.

Wrap the head with the piece of leather and put it in the vice . Rock back and forth "never twist" until the cap comes out.

Then take a Pictures of the insides and we can go from there.;)

:beer:

anselm

Are you sure it's not some pocket lint that got through the hole into that space above
the lens? I was puzzled once by the symptoms you describe, turned out to be trouser fluff.:D

Macee

I very much doubt it's fluff. The random pattern around the dot hasn't changed at all and excessive blowing resulted in nothing. :(

Once I visit my friend who has a vice, ill try to get it open and we can go from there. :)

Macee

I got 2 vicegrips here, but that top is damn impossible to get off... ahh well keep trying I guess

You have to just rock it back and forth. Its not that hard to get off. Just follow what i said in post #2.

Iam almost sure its the lens out of focus + could be scratched. From you friend bright idea of putting a match stick in there.:tsk:

When those green laser are out of focus the make artifacts around the dot. I dont know what causes this but if its off buy 1mm turn left or right it will do that. Thats fixable by readjusting the lens to the proper potion. However if the lens is scratch you will have to get a new one. But first we have to remove the from cap so we can see what lens it it if its scratched Loose etc.

Last edited: