Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green 1mW Ebay Laser and Making Lasers For Friends

Laik

I am wondering if anyone has bought from this seller and has tested them on their lpm. Just wondering how much they output because i am thinking of selling them to my friends and want to make sure that they are not over 1mW. Some of my other friends want me to build them a portable laser over 1mW (probably about a 100mW green) and im not sure if i should. Mainly cause they are teens and there is always a doubt.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

I am wondering if anyone has bought from this seller and has tested them on their lpm. Just wondering how much they output because i am thinking of selling them to my friends and want to make sure that they are not over 1mW. Some of my other friends want me to build them a portable laser over 1mW (probably about a 100mW green) and im not sure if i should. Mainly cause they are teens and there is always a doubt.

If you want to sell them to your friends or others
then I suggest you get yourself a calibrated Laser
Power Meter.

1) it will guarantee the power of the Lasers you sell.

2) it will save the eyes of your customers if the eBay
1mW Lasers are overspec as has been reported.

3) it can be used to quickly show the authorities that
your Lasers are indeed not over 1mW when/if they
come knocking on your door..:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Things

Just keep in mind that you can be held responsible for any stupid things your friends do with the lasers. One of them could go out and shine them in peoples faces in public, and tell the cops that you sold it to him, and you'd be in the same boat. I'd be very careful about selling them unless you could 100% guarantee they'd stay under 1mW, keeping in mind that green lasers can fluctuate in power wildly in different temperatures.

If I sell my friend a knife and he stabs somebody, it's he who is responsible.

Anyways, eBay lasers are usually overspec and if you want a 100mW green, you can build your own with:

this module

or a ready-to-use laser here.

Last edited:
Not if the Knife you sold him is illegal...
You would then become an accomplice...

Jerry

Last edited:
Yeah but only if it IS actually 1mW or lower..

Hence the advice to get a Laser Power Meter
before selling any Lasers in his area to make
sure they are legal...

Jerry

Well... most LPMs are going to be >$500 if you just google "Laser Power Meter".

I think Lasersbee knows of a good place to them.. try checking his sig.

I can almost guarentee from experience that the lasers he is selling are 30-50mW, if you want tested, low power ones I have a 12mW, and 13mW 532nm for sale in my LPM'd Ebay Pen's thread, you can find a link in my signature below

Laik

thanks guys, i know how to build a green laser as well. Its not that hard to put a module into a host :D, but it would be hard to make one from scratch. Anyway i dont hink i need an lpm quite yet and i only sold those supposedly 1mw lasers to my friends because i know they wont do anything majorly irresponsible. I am putting a 200mw green dx module in a regular pen host (the 200mw modules output about 120-150mw, please correct me if im wrong). He is not going to use it for prolonged periods of time (he is basically getting it to say he has one). The total cost it will take to build is about 45 bucks but i already have an empty pen host laying around so its more like 40 bucks and i will sell it to him for 80 bucks. May be overpriced, but remember in australia laser pointers over 1mw are illegal. I gave him a massive lecture and i am giving him another one before i give him the laser. Still gotta order the module and he has been asking me if it is finished for the past 2 weeks haha. For the sake of not making another thread, does anyone have one of those rayfoss hosts that are gray with the squares for the grip. I need to see the components on the inside because there is multiple hosts on ebay that look like his host but i dont know exactly which one to get. Here are the links to the 2 that look like it: Torch Style Host For 12x60mm Laser Module w/h 405nm Glass Focus Lens/DIY Host | eBay
This one doesnt have the plastic or glass waterproof lens in the picture but it could be in the host already: Case/Housing/Host for Focusable Waterproof Laser Pointer/Torch GD-350 Type | eBay
Congrats if you made it this far :D

Last edited:
thanks guys, i know how to build a green laser as well. Its not that hard to put a module into a host :D, but it would be hard to make one from scratch. Anyway i dont hink i need an lpm quite yet and i only sold those supposedly 1mw lasers to my friends because i know they wont do anything majorly irresponsible. I am putting a 200mw green dx module in a regular pen host (the 200mw modules output about 120-150mw, please correct me if im wrong). He is not going to use it for prolonged periods of time (he is basically getting it to say he has one). The total cost it will take to build is about 45 bucks but i already have an empty pen host laying around so its more like 40 bucks and i will sell it to him for 80 bucks. May be overpriced, but remember in australia laser pointers over 1mw are illegal. I gave him a massive lecture and i am giving him another one before i give him the laser. Still gotta order the module and he has been asking me if it is finished for the past 2 weeks haha. For the sake of not making another thread, does anyone have one of those rayfoss hosts that are gray with the squares for the grip. I need to see the components on the inside because there is multiple hosts on ebay that look like his host but i dont know exactly which one to get. Here are the links to the 2 that look like it: Torch Style Host For 12x60mm Laser Module w/h 405nm Glass Focus Lens/DIY Host | eBay
This one doesnt have the plastic or glass waterproof lens in the picture but it could be in the host already: Case/Housing/Host for Focusable Waterproof Laser Pointer/Torch GD-350 Type | eBay
Congrats if you made it this far :D

I lol'd at that, hey I suppose you are taking a risk and that would be a deterrent to screwing around with it.

@Billiam I was really surprised when I noticed who Bluefan was, he was on "Smarter Every Day" nuff said. I can't wait to go back to work to get more $$ so I can hurry up and order one ;)

Billy

Last edited:

Laik

Haha, well thats 40 bucks extra to go towards lasers. What colour do you think i should build my next laser (currently building a 405nm) but nothing that is over 500mw because my parents are not ready for that much lasing power i think. I was thinking maybe a 635nm 500mw Mitsubishi diode or a 200mw green. I guess i could get a m140 and set it too about 600-700ma which would put it about 500mw, im just guessing. But i dont really want to buy it when i know i can triple the output and still have a healthy long lasting diode. I want something with a bit of brightness for night time because 100mw of 405nm isnt the best. I am gonna slowly build my parents up to 2W. I just need to show them that they can trust me 100% with lasers. They are like guns, they are only harmful if you use it inappropriately (btw getting a catagory a & b license soon, so yeepee im getting a 308 :D )