Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gray/Jetlasers VERY good guy/company!

IsaacT

Hey all,

So I was going through my laser stuff and remembered being in the 2nd group buy from Jetlasers. As I thought about the interactions in that Group Buy, I realized how great Gray/Jetlasers was about the whole thing.

Powerful lasers for a great price, and free glasses/diffraction gratings is really above and beyond.

And its not just a monetary thing. When I put on my glasses that Gray sent with my 261mW 532 nm laser and all I can see is a tiny yellow dot, I feel an enormous amount of security in the knowledge that I am being safe. And as a poor college student, I can honestly say that if Gray hadn't sent me these, the best pair of Safety Glasses I might ever own are some Rayfoss Glasses that can't be anything more than OD1 or 2.

So, I just wanted to share my experiences with Gray/Jetlasers in the hopes that anyone contemplating purchasing from their company might see it and know the amazing level of customer service and high quality of the products they sell.

A link to my Review of the laser is in my signature, for new people who might not have seen it.

Once again, huge thanks to Gray/Jetlasers! It's a little overdue, but it's thanks nonetheless.

-Isaac

PS-Also, another huge thanks to Hakzaw1! If you are new in town, or you have been here awhile but are looking to buy a quality laser, watch out for his GB's(if he still runs them).

yep- number 8 is coming for the hoildays-
TY Isaac for the kind words and good to see you back at the forums..

Gray has set the bar very high for others in regards to taking good care of all customers..

BTW anyone who owns a JL Titanium- hang on to it- sorry to say it appears as JL will be not ever offering them again.

hak

Conversely if anyone has a JL Titanium they feel like getting rid of... Feel free to PM me anytime :D

I have been talking though PMs with Gray and I can say he is very nice and fast to answer. Looks like a nother GB is coming. He said. Looking to get a PL-E they look so freaking awesome.

Cel

yep- number 8 is coming for the hoildays-
TY Isaac for the kind words and good to see you back at the forums..

Gray has set the bar very high for others in regards to taking good care of all customers..

BTW anyone who owns a JL Titanium- hang on to it- sorry to say it appears as JL will be not ever offering them again.

hak

You can still have some titaniums 150mw+ for 200$.

IsaacT

Yeah, looks like they have 10 of the Ti-B's left in stock. But they are on clearance, which confirms Hak's claims that they are discontinuing the series. I don't know why they don't like their titanium units, the Ti-A series was beautiful and I am glad I snagged the last one before they discontinued those.

Isaac

EDIT: looks like the prices they have up now are:
100mw+ Ti-B 532nm for 149.99
150mw+ Ti-B 532nm for 169.99

If I wanted a Titanium laser that was high quality and likely overspec, I would jump on that asap! +1 to Cel for showing us that!

Last edited:
Hmm. Damnit... now I need to PM Gray lol.

Cel - My wallet is officially no longer talking to me because of you:p

Cel

Yeah, looks like they have 10 of the Ti-B's left in stock. But they are on clearance, which confirms Hak's claims that they are discontinuing the series. I don't know why they don't like their titanium units, the Ti-A series was beautiful and I am glad I snagged the last one before they discontinued those.

Isaac

EDIT: looks like the prices they have up now are:
100mw+ Ti-B 532nm for 149.99
150mw+ Ti-B 532nm for 169.99

If I wanted a Titanium laser that was high quality and likely overspec, I would jump on that asap! +1 to Cel for showing us that!

Thank you, but I calculated shipping too, which is 30$ DHL.

Hmm. Damnit... now I need to PM Gray lol.

Cel - My wallet is officially no longer talking to me because of you:p

But he will forgive you when he sees the laser in person :crackup:

are you seeing those Tis at Jetlasers.org or the older sites??
I was told the reason for discontinuing them was the low profit margin- AND AFAIK there are no other companies selling ANY Ti lasers.
I would like to own red Ti to make a set but all my extra $$ goes into projector building..

IIRC JL never any Tis in red except for pen style-(Ti-A I think)
I would only want a Ti-B IMO.

new versions of the Pl-E are coming soon for GB #8 two new host finishes- black and green- also some improvements have been made==
I will put up the new GB thread as soon as they are ready- please have patience and wait til then- hak

IsaacT

Hey Hak, they are on Jetlasers.org as well! The only Ti models they have left are Ti-B's and they are all on clearance. But you are right, no reds I don't think.

I have put a hold on most of the few remaining Ti-Bs.
IE will get one as he has been on the list forever- one correction I think-- the 190mW 532 is $179 IIRC.

The savings on the last of the Ti-Bs will be on the shipping and that will not be a huge savings- these are the last- selling them off via the GB #8 (see the new OP) will be a snap.

About the free eyeware this was done in the past to help sales-AND for the good of the buyers
JL cannot offer free glasses or goggles any more but you may be able to get them at a big discount IF ordered along with a laser- prices coming soon- BUT know this ...adding the glasses increases the size of the boxes I use and as they are delicate the cost to ship with glasses is going to be more than without.

go to GB section to find the new thread.

BTW- the week long National Holiday is about to begin- the workers in China work thru this weekend in order to have a 7 day break. Pretty much everything shuts down until Oct 8 or 9-- so do not expect much in the way of replies to Qs or for orders made during this time to be shipped-

hope I have been helpful ya'll have a great weekend- ya hear!!