Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grant Imahara - passes away at age 49

1594851484851.png

:cry: A very sad day for everyone that was a fan of mythbusters and Grants work. Grant was what every maker inspires to be. He will be sorely missed!

Grant Imahara, an electrical engineer who co-hosted the pop science show “MythBusters” on the Discovery Channel and operated robots in the “Star Wars” prequels and other major Hollywood films, has died. He was 49.

His death was confirmed on Monday night by Discovery Communications. A company spokeswoman said that the cause was believed to be a brain aneurysm and that Mr. Imahara, who lived in Los Angeles, was thought to have died hours earlier. No other details were immediately available.

Mr. Imahara was born in Los Angeles on Oct. 23, 1970, and graduated in 1993 with a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California, according to his Facebook page and a brief biography on the Discovery website.

He later worked as an animatronics engineer and model maker for Industrial Light & Magic, a designer of movie special effects that was founded by George Lucas in 1975. In a brief biography on the Internet Movie Database, Mr. Imahara is described as an “electronics wizard” who worked “behind the scenes of many top Hollywood films for years.”

That's a dam shame, I enjoyed watching him on mythbusters and he was a really nice guy.......only 49 and he was in good shape too, just goes to show that we never really know how long we have now do we ? God bless him and his family, I know he will be remembered.

Hi,
Yes he was very entertaining and I watched the show many times. Very educated in his field , sorry to see him go its a shame to loose such a Wonderfull person like that.
Rich:)

I saw that and I was shocked, Very sad...

This is for you grant!

Philipnzw

Mythbusters was one of the major catalysts in my life that pushed me towards the STEM field. Grant will be missed by many. He shall rest in peace knowing that he inspired millions.

He was a great inspiration of mine. He was a bright and gifted engineer as well as a model human being.
He was also the most competent on mythbusters and designed many of the more complicated shows.

Grant we wish you the best on your journey to the next life.
🙏