Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my Survival laser today

Hey everyone!

Today I finally received my 1 - 1.3 watt survival laser from Garoq. it took a long time to get here because Canada post was on strike...

I have a couple of questions.

1. Should it be able to light candles and set magazine paper on fire? I can't get it to do it...

2. Should it have a "bow tie" dot at the end?

I'm not sure if I put it together correctly, but I followed the directions.

I'll add photos later!

Please reply.

Thanks!

Picture?

Should look like this:
445%20lens%203.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Today I finally received my 1 - 1.3 watt survival laser from Garoq. it took a long time to get here because Canada post was on strike...

I have a couple of questions.

1. Should it be able to light candles and set magazine paper on fire? I can't get it to do it...

2. Should it have a "bow tie" dot at the end?

I'm not sure if I put it together correctly, but I followed the directions.

I'll add photos later!

Please reply.

Thanks!

The "bow tie" is either because the lens is in backwards or may be due to a defective lens. The lens goes with the "notch / groove" towards the front of the laser. If you are sure you have it in correct, send a PM to Garoq, he should be able to help you.

Candles are a little tough to light, so is white paper. Anything dark / black usually works well, but if you have a bowtie you may not be able to get the focus good enough to burn anything. You need to fix that issue first. :)

Thanks guys! I had the lens on backwards.... lol, oops. It has a much brighter beam now and a perfect dot! I'll add pics tomorrow when I feel like it.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys! I had the lens on backwards.... lol, oops. It has a much brighter beam now and a perfect dot! I'll add pics tomorrow when I feel like it.

Thanks again!

Glad it's all worked out. Apparently it's a common enough issue that it has come up here a few times. Just remember to always keep the notched side of the threads towards the front and you should be good. :beer: