Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my core to pop a balloon

That is one small balloon. Did you Sharpie it? If not, you definitely should, especially since it is a green balloon.

H

High_Octane

I pot modded my core, but the only way I could get it to pop a balloon was to .....
throw it overhanded. :D

Seriously, I'm going to send it to SenKat with my DX Laser that hes going to test/Review, To see exactly what the little CORE can do when modded.

SenKat, I will have that DX laser tomorrow. Give em a few days to check it out, I will then ship it to you.

Yes it was sharpied. I had a hell of a time with a full sized balloon it just wouldn't do.

And High-octane I'm pretty sure you can't mod a core. You can turn up the pot as you did but the circuits only feed the diode enough to make it not even 5mW.

BTW I'm sending this one back for another because WL lasers suck. This is the first and last time I buy a laser from them.

H

High_Octane

Angdvl089 said:
And High-octane I'm pretty sure you can't mod a core. You can turn up the pot as you did but the circuits only feed the diode enough to make it not even 5mW.

Oh, I beg to differ, They are well known to put out 40ish + mw After being modded, Its very bright now.

SenKat will have the actual output soon.

T

timelord

I figure if I keep my core immaculate then it will be slightly collectable when WL go under ;D ;D

H

High_Octane

Timelord said:
I figure if I keep my core immaculate then it will be slightly collectable when WL go under ;D ;D

;D

Now wheres the fun in that?
Besides look how many have already hit the dumpster!!!!

T

timelord

I've got plenty of lasers to play with I just don't want to dirty my hands with a Steve laser, so it stays in the draw in it's plastic case ;D

H

High_Octane

Angdvl089 said:
Ok just to make it easier on the forum here look at this :
http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=479

That's why I'm taking it back.

And High_Octane I didn't know that was possible. Is it only a pot mod?

Thats all I have done, but there are 2 other mods that can be done after that, One is the resister mod the other I forget... possibly focusing it better. Caution when modding it IT COULD KILL IT

I plan on posting the output SenKat finds.

H

High_Octane

If I'm not mistaken WL used different suppliers for the core so the quality/output could very quite a bit depending on what you received.