Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got it today! :D (New style 200mW)

Emc2

I was thinking about buying one of those but suzie said they dont like to accept money orders or watever.. and thats the only way I can buy one. anyway, did you have to have your laser and batteries shipped sepperately? do you think I should if i buy one?

A pre paid VISA is a good idea. You should get one of these, they are great.

The laser and the batteries/cahrger were all in the same soft pouch. It all came at once. i was expecting seperate packages but it was nice to see them all in one shipment. Either way you could always get the batteries at Best Buy for the laser. That is what I did until the battereies supplied were charged. They come charged evidently since they did not take long to charge.

-Todd

But remember, if your govt has restrictions on lasers, don't have the batteries in same package, so that it is harder for them to test the laser :) O-Like doesn't include safety stickers with the lasers too, which is a bonus.

Emc2

But remember, if your govt has restrictions on lasers, don't have the batteries in same package, so that it is harder for them to test the laser :) O-Like doesn't include safety stickers with the lasers too, which is a bonus.

Right! The lasers do look like LED flashlights. I just tested, actually compared the red laser from O-Like with one from Wicked Lasers and the O-like seems twice as powerful. I colored a black spot on the back of my hand and the O-like 200mW gets hot immeadiately adn the WL red takes 10 seconds to get hot. So I bet the 200mW laser is 200 or more...easily. The difference in the beam is doubled as well (is twice as bright). At $48.00 I may just order another one.

-T

yeah o-like is very good. I get Susie to send me the EXACT mW readings, it is good for people buying to know that their 200mW is EXACTLY 197mW, etc. So far, I have got from them the following mW's which I consider good;

So yeah, very good quality, and for a little extra you can get her to make sure it is over 200mW, and then also using 3.6V instead will get around a 25% increase from what I have read but not tested.

Emc2

yeah o-like is very good. I get Susie to send me the EXACT mW readings, it is good for people buying to know that their 200mW is EXACTLY 197mW, etc. So far, I have got from them the following mW's which I consider good;

So yeah, very good quality, and for a little extra you can get her to make sure it is over 200mW, and then also using 3.6V instead will get around a 25% increase from what I have read but not tested.

Well I noticed the Pot on the circuit board, can't you just turn that up instead of higher voltage batteries? I have not touched mine and I plan to leave it alone. Turning up the current from the potentiometer will increase the mW as well. I don't see any posts where the 200mW laser owners have done so. And again, why is this laser called the Dilda?

-T

D

Deleted member 8382

I've never heard of ny dilda dead cuz of the 3.6V cells so you should buy them right now xD

....you said BRIGHT?......i have the olike old dilda.. and it is not bright XD my 30mw kaleidoscopic is about3 timer brigher. i don't use now the dilda XD the green is a lot better :)

What is the significance of the lens you are talking about? Does it have a better coatings or better glass? I thought higher power will destroy the diode? I suppose you get more mW's out of the laser? It is the new style Red as seen here: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=971

-T

This is the lens i have for my dilda lasers.I do have the old style, so i doin't know about the new dilda's as they have a diffrent head setup.

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=22501
And this is a review did for the dilda V1 and 2. a good read.
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=37911

And of corse this review by lasersbee.. A must read.IMO.
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=36122

Emc2

Well At $48.00 for the red 200mW red laser from O-Like.com, I had just had to buy another one. So there is another one on the way to me. I'll say it, I love lasers!

-T