Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got Bored - New LPF logo

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi everyone,
As the title suggests I got a little bored, so in my spare time I for some reason decided to make an updated version of the LPF logo.
I was only playing around originally but the result didn't turn out too bad so I thought I'd share it with you.
The major change is that this logo is true to physics and the logo has been rendered in Photoshop.

JPG version with black background:

LPF%20Logo%20728px.jpg

PNG version with no background:

LPF%20Logo%20728px.png

Website view:

LPF%20logo%20desktop%20view.jpg

Well there you are, the png version can be overlayed over any darkish background.
Enjoy and let me know what you think.
Curtis

EDIT - Improved the spectrum slightly.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Trinh hong phuoc. :)
Rich, I am working on getting the violet and red part of the spectrum readded. Hopefully it will pan out well.

Edit: Added more red and violet. Should look better now, I hope. :p

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Awesome logo. Think it's time for a new one myself, we've usually upgraded every few years. Not a huge fan of the current one tbh. This was always my favorite, some here might still remember it:

(Sorry, I don't remember who made this to credit them)
laser.gif

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Simon, interesting logo. The person obviously spent some time on it and it looks good. The only thing I would say is that it looks like it belongs on a astronomy forum. Thanks for sharing that option.

Thanks Lewie, glad you like it. :)

Hi Curtis,
Yes you did include the correct WL's and I did notice the violet being a tad faint but still in all well designed. Great job as always buddy new is always refreshing.

Rich:)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Curtis,
Yes you did include the correct WL's and I did notice the violet being a tad faint but still in all well designed. Great job as always buddy new is always refreshing.

Rich:)
Thanks again Rich. :)
New is refreshing, but for those who don't like change (including myself) I haven't altered the design too much.

It looks pretty good, Curtis. My only change would be to separate the colors a bit more coming out of the prism. I understand it is true to life, but that doesn't always look the best.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It looks pretty good, Curtis. My only change would be to separate the colors a bit more coming out of the prism. I understand it is true to life, but that doesn't always look the best.

I understand what you are saying Paul. Realism doesn't always give the best looking results, but you've put my ocd into overdrive. Must be realistic. :p What I actually aimed for was a more scientifically accurate graphic whilst acting as a underline. Too dispersed won't make a great underline at all and will look odd IMO. Well, this was only a bit of time-wasting for me today so I'm not overly bothered either way. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lol, anytime you use a prism you will get a reference to Pink Floyd. Thanks Benm. :)

I don't suppose anyone else has had a blank bookmark icon for this site since the update?