Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good things and Bad things about Lasers?

My father HATES mu lasers along with the rest of my family. I dont really know why but i have some ideas. Firstly id say he hates my lasers because i spend alot of money and time working and playing with them and i know my dad thinks its a waste of my money when really i could sell you guys them when i am finished with them or in a time of crisis. I can also say that my day has no particular interest in them besides the small coolness factor that is short lived in most people who dont enjoy the hobby or electronics for that matter. Im also fairly certain the issue that most people know about the fact that lasers CAN start fires and burn things bothers him and he doea not want the house to burn down. I understand how he can feel that way. Most people who dont understand stuff like this tend to fear it.

For instance i used to fear high voltage. I was literally shaking when i got my first neon sign transformer. Now i play with xray transformers ect. So imo its a matter of understanding and comfortability that most people do not understand with lasers.

Now when people ask me what i use my lasers for and such. I usually explain to them that its just as much of a hobby as most people who have 7 muscle cars. The hobby is VERY expwnsive and theres really NO need for all of those cars and horsepower. Like i said before. I think its more about understanding the hobby and the person. OF Course some people will not think the same way and will STILL bash your hobby. Theres nothing you can do about it besides downplay it. You cant change a persons opinion.

So like its veen suggested before on the forum. Sit down with your dad and explain to him thatvthis is what you are interested in and what you enjoy doing. Some people wont accept that and you CANT change it! I wouldnt suggest trying. Ive been kicked out of my house over lasers for a month by my BLOODLINE parents!

Those are my suggestions and opinions. Everyone elses will be different.