Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good source for PBS cubes?

altera

Thanks, I just spent a good 45 minutes looking at the fantastic builds andycon has done. I'd love to do some of those things.

Would I need focusing optics after the PBS or would I be OK with focusing optics in the Axiz modules?

HIMNL9

^ it depend from the use ..... for cutting / engraving, probably the better solution may be to have the diodes focused identically for "infinite" distange at the aixiz modules (so they are identical in the combining point), then combine them with the PBS, and then have a final lens that focus the resulting beam in a burning spot on the moving carriage (supposing you use it with a CNC-type machine) ..... this for 405nm ones.

For use a pair of 445nm ones instead, that have the spot more "rectangular", also knife-edge can be a good choice ..... aligning the two "rectangles" parallels, will increase the size in one direction, but it's already "large" in the other, so when the final lens focus the burning spot, the result must not be too bad.

I do believe the PHR sleds have cubes for 405nm combining.

Best to some research though.

Last edited:

altera

This is looking quite tricky my CNC is,.. well,... basic Not sure I have enough precision on the moving modules to place the lasers stationary. I think I'll try to use one high powered 445nm diode for now.

HIMNL9

PHR cubes are stranges ..... i've tested a pair of them with two reds, and they DON'T work good in combining (the reflecting face seem not just polarized, but also matched for 405nm, it left pass 80% of the red also in the right polarization plane) ..... still not tried with two 405nm, need to see if the "pass" face don't reflect away too much 405 (it's used for red/IR path, in the normal use)