Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

good source for galvos?

This is what I did. I got the Spacelas PT-30K scanners and was looking at the soundcard dac route but ended up going with the Flashback3/Quickshow set up.

This is what I did too. The PT-30K's are working great and QS (I'm running the V2 beta) is pretty sweet.

I stuck it all in a pelican case and have been having a blast with it. Just have 532 at the moment, but now want to build an rgb.

-Glen

Attachments

• IMG_2798-1.JPG
    IMG_2798-1.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 494

Howie

This is what I did too. The PT-30K's are working great and QS (I'm running the V2 beta) is pretty sweet.

I stuck it all in a pelican case and have been having a blast with it. Just have 532 at the moment, but now want to build an rgb.

-Glen

How did you go about getting the QS2 beta?

I was going to start with a single color first but decided to make a rgb instead and see what happened. I have a 16x16 3/8" base plate so that left me plenty of room to play with.

I've looked for cases but I'll probably use a rack mounted computer case due to the size.

Gappa

hey dirtworm, is that black box with the fan in the middle of it the pangolin controller, or is that the power supply for the amp?

hey dirtworm, is that black box with the fan in the middle of it the pangolin controller, or is that the power supply for the amp?

That's the power supply for the laser. I use the USB FB3 and either plug it right into the 25 pin connector, or use a 25 pin male to female cable to connect the two together. The way the case is laid out, I just open it, plug in, and go.

-Glen

Gappa

I deff see that, nice design, simple and functional. So the 25 pin connector goes to the controller and then the computer?

I deff see that, nice design, simple and functional. So the 25 pin connector goes to the controller and then the computer?

Yes. If the laptop is close then I plug the FB3 right into the 25 pin connector, otherwise I use a 25 pin male to female cable to connect the FB3 to the 25 pin connector on the projector. See attached images. :)

-Glen

Attachments

• IMG_9510.JPG
    IMG_9510.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_9508.JPG
    IMG_9508.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 396
he said it was green. also i noticed nobody talked about the phenix galvos. i have a set but am still building my rrgb set up. so i will post a vid and write up in a month or 2.
i have the 20k set and to my door from china they set me back 110usd

michael

Gappa

Dude thats not bad at all. I assume they have higher scan rates? Can you link me to phenix source?