Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good Place to get Green lasers?

I heard that Optotronics is a good place to get lasers, is this true? I'm new to lasers so I wanted to start off with a 5mW laser. After checking a few other sites I saw floating around, I noticed those sites didn't have much to offer when it came to 5mW lasers. I saw the "Premium 4.99 Green Laser" on Optotronics, would this be a good one to start with?

Also if in the future I were to get the 100mW Green Laser with Special Effects from Optotronics (seems like a good laser) should I not use it in places like my backyard where neighbors might see? Of course I wouldn't be flashing there windows, but could them noticing cause problems? I want to get this one also in a few weeks to amaze family and friends.

I'd expect any neighbors that saw to be more like this though.
:wtf: :undecided: - :eek: :worthy:

CTRfn2

Laserbtb.com I recomend them 200% :beer::beer:

I have done my order and 2 or 3 weeks later I have laser in my home.

Laserbtb has good quality and good prices ;)

Best Regards

A good 5mW laser can be from Optotronics, or if you have money, from LaserGlow. I would recommend either Opto or Laserbtb for your future 100mW green laser

Thanks, for the help.

hwang21, I cant find any 5mW from LaserGlow, I may just be not seeing them. :(

Right now I'm torn between the alignment 5mW on Laserbtb and Premium 4.99 on Optotronics, any recommendations?

If your just getting started out with lasers forget all the brand names. almost all eBay pens are way overspec and cost 5 dollars i have dozens none have died in years i have had them .Unless you in particular want a 5mW real output laser ie not overspec in a fancy host just get an eBay pen ,save your money for high power ones for later, which brand for a 5mw green (in a non fancy host)is like talking about which brand of box of matches to get they all do the same job and at that price doesn't really matter much .

I'd rather get a brand name first laser that I can turn to for presentations and such and know that its safe to experiment and play with than anything else. It's a great first laser idea.

But just my opinion :beer:

Last edited:
You'll be way better off getting a quality brand name laser at 5mw for your first laser. A green pen laser from LG will only cost you around $40.

The quality is 10 times better than any overspec 'fleabay' pen. The pen lasers from Opto or LG will last you a very long time and it being your first laser you can be confident that it will be eye safe for pointing and presentations.

If your budget goes to $40 for a first laser go with the ones from Opto or LG, they'll be of much higher quality. If it was me personally, I would go with the LG pen over the Opto pen since the LG pens host is much more unique.

I love all these recommendations, but seriously, we are talking 5mW (pointers here) here...

A e-bay pointer will do just fine in this, and you can get 3 collors on e-bay for the price of one brand green one.
Why recommend a high brand (price) for a low (powered) laser.

Last edited:
All of the ones in the first half of the page... https://www.laserglow.com/int-handheld.htm

Opto over laserbtb any day, LG over Opto for pen lasers

Turns out it was Internet Explorer with its own secret agenda not showing the whole page. :eek:

I agree with Blaster and Smeerworst that I probably shouldn't worry about brand to much since it is only a 5mW laser (for now :D), but I'm not as trusting of EBay. My mistakes from inexperience may cost me more when trying to buy from there.

hwang21 and will manners, I think I'll go with the Opto laser since it seems like the middle ground between Laserbtb and LG. Try to save a little bit right now, but when I go looking for higher power lasers I'll definitely check out LG again.

Really appreciate all the help everyone. :bowdown::thanks:

I love all these recommendations, but seriously, we are talking 5mW (pointers here) here...

A e-bay pointer will do just fine in this, and you can get 3 collors on e-bay for the price of one brand green one.
Why recommend a high brand (price) for a low (powered) laser.
Exactly my point

I have a 150mw green laser pointer from Optotronics. I am impressed with it. After a couple months it seems to have faded just a little, but it is a nice green laser. DON'T POINT AT EYES.