Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good day

finnthefrog

New member here from Ireland 13 years of age, became interested in the site because I am looking for lasers I can mount on rings, gloves hats and other things of that nature. can anyone recommend a burning laser (any colour)
and goggles setup for under 35 euro. thanks

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Let me get this right, you're 13, and you want to mount a "burning" laser on most anything you come across, and, oh yeah, it has to be cheap.
First of all, at 13 you are too young to be here, and wearing a laser that can burn is a recipe for disaster at any age.

You will definitely blind someone, and your parents will probably be going to jail. Goggles for you won't protect anyone else's eyes.

Please reconsider doing anything along these lines!

Below are the "terms of use" regarding age.

3. Eligibility

You must be the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction to visit or use the Website in any manner. You represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement. You also represent and warrant to Laser Pointer Forums that You will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.

finnthefrog

oh OK my apologies. thank you for your response it was rather helpful. It appears I shall have to find other ways to modify hats but that shall be no problem, you know what they say, limitation breeds creativity.My apologies for the rules I was in a bit of a hurry. Anyways farewell and thank you for your hospitality

Durge

Hi finnthefrog,
Allow me to direct you to the "Safety and legal issues" section of this forum. I ask that you take some time (an hour or two atleast) to read through all of the stickied threads in this section. Doing so will help get you acquainted with laser safety and regulation, especially if you intend to purchase a burning laser any time in the future.

https://laserpointerforums.com/forums/safety-legal-issues.53/

Now addressing the rest of your post, 13 is a bit young to be handling a burning laser. No one on this forum will knowingly sell you such a device at this age. Any purchases are made strictly between adults, and even then, suspicion that a parent is unwittingly paying for a dangerous device is enough to prevent a sale. Also, if your intention is to affix a burning laser to an article of clothing or worn accessory, I'm sure the other lpf members will be absolutely opposed to this. The reason being, a burning laser has the propensity to do just that, "burn". You can't affix such a laser to a pair of glasses or even a bracelet and expect to have enough control over where the beam shines to prevent a fire. Also, if the intention is to wear this laser "jewlery" to school or a party, absolutely not. Powerful lasers rated above 5mw pose the risk to permanent eye damage. Burning lasers at 100-200mw+ have the ability to cause instantaneous permanent blindness. It's for these reasons that using such devices requires respect and proper saftey/preperation. This is the fairest, least jaded answer that I can give you. I can't reccomend enough that you stay away from "burning" lasers for now. Some of our most veteran members here on LPF are still too cautious to use powerful burning lasers, and I don't blame them after the reports of retinas being burnt out by recklessness and unlucky mistakes. You'll have seen an example of that unfortunate carnage once you've read through the safety section that I linked above.

Now, just because I've attempted to disuade you from pursuing a burning laser, doesn't mean you have to abandon lasers all together. I recently found this cool array of red lasers attatched to a pair of shades online. I'll leave you a link to them, but if I were you, I would do a little research on them first. You see, the laser diodes attatched to the glasses are advertised as being 5mw, which is the maximum legal standard for lasers designed for handheld use (as laser pointers) in the US. This 5mw threshold is used to protect consumers from buying too powerful lasers and accidentally damaging their or other peoples eyes. However, many lasers sold from China falsely advertise their lasers as being 5mw, when in reality it's cheaper for them to lie and produce slightly more powerful (but very much more dangerous to ones eyes) lasers. It's more than likely that the glasses I'm referring to were manufactured in China. So, after you've read through the safety section here on LPF, you have an opportunity to use the search feature in the top right corner of this website to see if any other members have reviewed these laser array glasses. If you find no results using the search function, then try making a new post asking the forum what they think about the glasses and if they think they are safe for general use.

https://m.banggood.com/5MW-650nm-St...-DJ-Laser-Glasses-p-1212499.html?rmmds=search

Goodluck and welcome to the forum. Looks like you cleared it up BowtieGuy.

Please listen to what the above members stated and realize that we all stress safety first and foremost as we all get just one set of eyes and that is it. There are no second chances to possible blindness caused by being flashed by a powerful laser. Lasers are an amazing tool but also very dangerous if not respected and used correctly with the necessary safety equipment, especially for those around you!

let me make this very simple.
lasers are OFTEN used on guns
any laser can be mistaken for one on a gun...anytime..
are you with me??

you cannot take any laser- gun or knife to any school anywhere in the world.. you can't even TALK at school about guns, fires, bombs NONE of that stuff I do not think you are for real! nobody can be that stupid !! worst part would not seeing you get injured but some innocent person in the way of your burning laser hat-ring-thing ---

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, Jeff got there first. Not a good idea, and too young for 'burning' lasers.
But I do have to commend the OP on his attitude in his reply at the very least.

Welcome to the LPF. I hope you enjoy your stay and are able to learn as much as possible while here.