Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

good buy?

Finding an exact replacement tube would definitely be a challenge, but a modern hard sealed HeNe tube could be transplanted into the case without too much difficulty.

It is also possible for the thing to be dead but still have a good tube. Usually these old soft seal tubes will be dead, but the power supplies can develop faults too, or tubes may be hard starting but savable.

60 Euro for a green HeNe is a steal, especially one made by REO. They are top of the line, the cream of the HeNe crop. New they cost thousands.

Yep that's a very good deal. There is a discussion over here about a green tube only hene for $100.00 (Make offer).

Since this one comes with a power supply for this price, it's a much better deal.

ferd19

well the used one on ebay sold for 80$. i put a bid on it, but at the last second, i got outbid. The strange thing is though, it shows my bid at 80$, and the winner at 80$ as well which is strange imo? i believe you can see if you go to bid history

ferd19

oh well, now i may actually get one of the new tubes from the other discussion happening, though i'll have to find a psu now!

it shows my bid at 80$, and the winner at 80$ as well which is strange imo?

That means he bid 80$ first. If you see that again, keep in mind it means you're only a dollar away from winning (sans snipers)

Last edited:

ferd19

oh well, there's always next time :)! Thank you guys very much for all the help. I'll keep everything you guys said in mind for when i'm looking for another hene which i can afford. My search continues.
Now, if only i win the lotto.........