Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gonna be the green cross man eventually

Hello folks.
I have decided to join this forum even before messing with any lasers. I enjoy doing VERY simple electronics projects and dabbling with stuff (making LED's light up and flash, making simple circuits etc). I realised lasers are potentially dangerous but this thread here http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm- brought home to me just how dangerous and just how out of my depth I could get unless I find out about the safety aspects first. That's why I am here. I intend to first establish what safety equipment I need and can deploy in any given situation, then I intend to do experiments with low powered pointing devices around 1 or 2 mW and graduate to higher powered devices when I feel better prepared and informed maybe some months down the road.
For now I am here to read and learn and be advised. Safety is paramount to me, I already have to wear glasses to read and I hate that. I would hate it even more if by playing with lasers I did more damage and wont even contemplate it unless I absolutely know that before any laser is switched on I have ensured that there is nothing more I could do to maintain my safety and that of other people around me

wat? oh the title of the thread? the green cross man, its a UK thing, he helps people cross the road safely

Welcome to the forum!

See my signature, there are a lot of useful links for safety goggles, and other information.

Green cross man? :confused: Post a picture of what you're talking about :D

Thanks very much for the links and stuff I will take care to read them.
I am aware you must get a lot of noobs asking the same questions over and over again and I dont really want to annoy people like that So I am reading all the stickies I can and I have found a lot of people have useful links in their sigs.
Just as a side-note, I also want to learn about how to make the laser safe with, for example, timing switches etc so that the laser could never accidentally be left on but would cut out by itself after some time

I like to experiment with things like that

oh lol this is the green cross man - he takes safety very seriously
http://www.galaxiki.org/feature/darthvader/greencross2.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, the American version of the green cross man is the road target labeled "15 points," although some people mistake those signs for some bunk about going 15mph...

Kidding, kidding. Those crossing guards are always nice and waving to people. Welcome to the forums!

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics