Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goldenstar Lab GB: CNI 1.8w 532nm $487 / 1.3w 650nm $423 and more...

Since they're reselling CNI I have to ask.. any chance of a 589nm labby?

Since they're reselling CNI I have to ask.. any chance of a 589nm labby?

I asked about the CNI PGL handheld modules and although they are not listed on their website they can get them and she gave me prices. I bet they can....

What's the price/power for the 589nm modules? I might be interested in one.

What's the price/power for the 589nm modules? I might be interested in one.

Sorry, that may have been a misleading response. I didn't ask about 589 PGL modules, I asked about PGL 532nm. What I meant was they can get stuff not listed at their site such as PGL modules, particularly 532. I will ask for both lab and PGL 589 and see what she says. Her prices weren't as good on these PGL's as I'd hoped for, $600 for a 532 800mW.

Just shot her the questions. She usually responds by around 2am central time. I suppose that's when she gets to work. I don't know the time difference there.

I asked about a PGL 589 hand held module at 50mw or higher. If she can get these at a reasonable price I may get one of them as well. In fact, it may warrant it's own BG.

JM

@Krnaznboy- yes, one enclosure for both PSU and driver. I looked in mine last time and if someone wanted to tear it apart like those with seperate pieces it seemed it wouldn't be a task.

@Aromicrox- her response on the 589 was "they're expensive, need to know what power"

She gave me a new price list for the PGL 532 modules as well. I didn't ask but the prices on the new list came down about 15% across the board. The 800mw is now $570. Better but I was. Hoping for sub $500. Guess I'm dreaming.

Thanks flaminpyro for the answer.

What time do you anticipate this GB will finish? I will have birthday money by late June :)

And did you ask about divergence vs beam diameter optics? Thanks
-Matt

Matt,
I would hope to place an order in the next week. Plan 2 weeks for delivery to me. We can discuss some terms if you want in by PM if you needed to delay payment. Remember, I said I'd cover the purchase and payment would be due when I'm ready to ship them out, you've probably got enough time. As far as beam specs, all of them are on that spreadsheet I sent you.

I will try to get funds together ASAP. I have yet to have any multiwatt dpss systems

Do you have a meter? Just to make sure they hit the 1.5 watt mark.

Also, forgive me if this is stupid, but do you have any pictures of the 532nm DPSS units?

Thanks
-Matt

@Krnaznboy- yes, one enclosure for both PSU and driver. I looked in mine last time and if someone wanted to tear it apart like those with seperate pieces it seemed it wouldn't be a task.

@Aromicrox- her response on the 589 was "they're expensive, need to know what power"

She gave me a new price list for the PGL 532 modules as well. I didn't ask but the prices on the new list came down about 15% across the board. The 800mw is now $570. Better but I was. Hoping for sub $500. Guess I'm dreaming.

Thanks!

Would you mind asking the price of the 80mW 589nm module?

Thanks!

Would you mind asking the price of the 80mW 589nm module?

Strangely, Mimi says CNI is not offering a 589 lab right now. I didn't get into details but I am certain they make one. I'm going to refer her to their website and make sure we are on the same page.

Does anyone forsee the prices of these units dropping further in the future. I remember someone said this is as low as they will ever be, but.....

Anyways, put me down for a 1800mw 532mn please :)

Does anyone forsee the prices of these units dropping further in the future. I remember someone said this is as low as they will ever be, but.....

Anyways, put me down for a 1800mw 532mn please :)

I had a theory that the availability of the 520nm direct diode has pushed the prices down. Possibly due to this new market factor distributors have excess inventory and need to move it. Doubtful at a loss but probably not much profit room. There comes a point that to manufacture these requires X number of dollars (or yen) and it won't go lower than that. If the 520 has pushed prices down there will be a point where they can go no lower despite dropping costs of the 520. I think we may be there but what the hell do I know? It's nuts that I am getting the same laser today for almost $400 less than I paid 18 months ago, hard to believe they can get cheaper than this unless the USD gains a large percentage over the yen (think that will happen anytime soon? Again, not likely)

Looks like I've gotten confused between members somehow and responded to someone's question but answer went to the wrong memeber. Sorry, hard to keep track when your flipping between the thread and your PM list. If someone asked a question and I have not answered it yet, please ask again. Chances are it was answered but sent to someone else.

Looks like I picked up a buyer from Poland as well on the old thread. Will know by tonight but it sounds like he's in too.

OK, so the PSU and the driver are in ONE controlling box.

Basically, there Is the PSU/DRIVER BOX
And the laser head

Just making sure :)

The PSU and driver are both housed inside one enclosure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 79