Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass Cube pics

Shakenawake! - That is a bit of a stretch I think but THANK YOU! Because I photograph my lasers every weekend for the past three years (over 150 sessions of about 2 to 3 hours), I would hope I would get good at it. Before I started with the lasers, my favorite photography was night photography, especially photographing NYC at night and the early AM hours. I literally have thousands of shots of NYC that ,at least to me, are of the same quality of my laser photography. So at least in my mind before I even tried to photograph a laser, I had become very proficient at night photography, with everything being done in the manual mode. I also have photographed at least 100 concerts over the years, and have had some shots published. I have also done a poster of 16 shots of the Empire State Building in different color schemes for the ESB Marketing Dept where they paid me well for. Its like anything else, the more time and energy you put into something, the better you get. When I graduated High School in 1975 my graduation gift from my parents was a Minolta SRT 102 35mm camera, and I have been into photography big time ever since. And the other part of it is the laser side of it. Through all of the help and knowledge I received from LPF members I was able to use my skills at night photography and apply them to photographing lasers. Now when I get an idea of a laser scenario to set up and shoot, almost anything I envision I am able to make it happen. Thanks again!

Laser Chick - is that "Woe to you" saying you posted above from Iron Maiden? If not I would be curious to where is it from?

10fenney - I mainly use Dragon Laser fan and matrix diffraction gratings. They are 11.99 a piece, but the shipping costs are very high. But unless you want to spend serious money for gratings, they are the best value for the money. I think about a year and a half ago there was a DL diffraction gratings GB where I purchased some. But most of my DL grating I got when I ordered lasers from them so then the shipping cost were absorbed by the laser shipping cost. I also have some thin mylar ones that I mounted in old 35mm slides that I will use If you go into the LPF search engine and put in Dragon Lasers Diffraction Gratings, you will find many threads on it.

gozert

10fenney - I mainly use Dragon Laser fan and matrix diffraction gratings. They are 11.99 a piece, but the shipping costs are very high. But unless you want to spend serious money for gratings, they are the best value for the money. I think about a year and a half ago there was a DL diffraction gratings GB where I purchased some. But most of my DL grating I got when I ordered lasers from them so then the shipping cost were absorbed by the laser shipping cost. I also have some thin mylar ones that I mounted in old 35mm slides that I will use If you go into the LPF search engine and put in Dragon Lasers Diffraction Gratings, you will find many threads on it.

I've been wanting a couple of those diffraction gratings for a while now, but I still have yet to find out their dimenions before purchasing them. Do you perhaps know how big they are?

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath,
because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon
the number of the beast
for it is a human number,
it's number is Six hundred and sixty six"

from number of the beast :)

Hey Gozert - They are approx. 2.25 x 1.75 inches and are made of glass.

gozert

Hey Gozert - They are approx. 2.25 x 1.75 inches and are made of glass.

Thanks! I first thought they were made from plastic. This makes them even better. The dimensions aren't as small as I thought either. Going to buy some soon.

Pman

Sick as always. Did I mention my favorite color is green?
You obviously have a serious passion for this. I'd like to see some of your other pics that have nothing to do with lasers.

Hey Gozert - you will not be disappointed. The only thing people have complained about them is the shipping cost. That is why it is wise to buy a few at a time. I would recommend buying a fan and a matrix grating at least for you first order to have one of each.

Pman - ok you asked for it, here is my albums page at FLICKR.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36467810@N00/albums

There are almost 50,000 photos there. If you want to see some really nice NYC recent photos, check out the albums from 2015. Many nice (and creative I hope) shots of Radio City Music Hall, Yankee Stadium, the Apple Store on 5th Ave, the Auto Show, Rockefeller Center at Xmas, etc.
Also nice pics from Washington DC from a month ago. The infrared shots in the folder are very good, especially the ones from the Iwo Jima Monument in DC. There are also many concert photos of Jethro Tull, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Berlin, Ritchie Blackmore, etc starting from the mid seventies. Most of are posted at 1200 x 900 pixels, some albums are lower res than that. Still higher res than the 800x600 on the pics posted here on LPF. Oh and probably about 10K of laser shots too. Thank you if you do look.

Last edited:

Pman

Of course I will look and my bet is many others will too;)

I'm in bed watching the morning news shows and looking on my note4 at the auto show ones. The pics are pretty small. Not sure how to make them bigger. Any idea?

Last edited: